Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

It's gone quiet outside, but there is one final blast coming up on the radar and then winter will be done.

It's been fun!

Posted

I’ve done so well! 5cm today of fresh new snow and still it falls, some drifts of over a foot a surreal moment is this a dream? Usually is for someone in inner London. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well,thats it folks,had around 3cm here,a nice way for the beast to finish,although I have moaned a bit,purely from an imby snow depth perspective,this spell has been pretty good,ive seen falling snow for 5 days,although weds and thurs was about 2 flakes an hour,but im counting it,laying snow,which,unless it melts overnight,5 days,3 ice days,icicles,shame the sun melted alot of what fell monday night,tues morning,so a wintry week at long last,looking forward to next winter,fingers crossed it will be epic

• Like 4

Posted

It's been a great week and we have had some good bants, pics, ups, downs, toys the lot. Such a shame that next week this place will have tumbleweed in it. Until the summer T-Storms...

It's been emotional folks, Southender signing off to enjoy the last proper snow day of the winter. :friends::sorry:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
14 minutes ago, Memphis snow said:

I kid you not the house across the road from me has a 5ft icicle hanging from it, was going to get a photo of it but it’s above there bedroom window and didn’t want to get caught pointing my lens at it!!!??

Go on - be a devil ;)

Posted
Just now, Memphis snow said:

Panic over I have beer!!!

Key!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Great top up of snow. Added another 2-3cms here in north London. 

Still snowing lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Yes, given that only a few weeks ago so many were bemoaning the fact that winter was over it's been pretty impressive, especially for March - I never want to hear it said again that late winter snowfall cannot deliver the goods! For some it has been awesome, most of us have seen several snowfalls - no complaints here. Hope everyone gets home safely tonight - see you all next November!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Well, as it seems it's all done for me down here, it's probably an appropriate time to reflect on a memorable week for the region. Yes, I've not done anything like as well as some others but I've seen decent, settling snow for the first time since March 13, so can't complain. The extreme cold will be the most memorable thing for me, particularly Wednesday and Thursday. I'm sure we've all seen enough to ensure we'll be back at the beginning of November to start off on another adventure!

I'd like to thank everyone, without exception, for making this forum such a fun place to spend time in. Special thanks to Steve M for all the invaluable updates and for having the patience to deal with all of us asking "is it going to snow in xxxxx?". 

Just a final thought, although there's been a few disappointments, I find it oddly reassuring that we humans still can't be exactly sure how it's going to pan out, even just a few hours before "an event". Let's face it, it would become boring if we knew with 100% certainty it was going to snow at 11.10am in 4 weeks time.

• Like 8

Posted

Forgot to mention the freezing rain episode,which was amazing,as @Southender has said,its been brill in here,I love it,this thread has been buzzing,and everyone is brilliant,roll on some epic summer storms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

An ok winter saved at the last gasp by the Beasterly!

Signature updated, it shall be some time before it changes again!

Think it is about time for me to begin my great annual exodus, I shall return around October folks. Until then, farewell and enjoy the weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Bye bye Beast. Miss you already.

See you in 20 years.

It was a blast...

Screenshot_2018-03-02-16-53-57.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

That was awesome!   Finishing up now but great last hour of snowball fights and sledging with the kids!   Just what the Dr ordered. 

Must remember to change my tag line below after this week! 

Edited by Big Dave

Posted

Another thank you to @Steve Murr,who has probably been inundated with questions this week,how long before we welcome the east anglia lot back lol

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

See you next weekend for the potential SE Blizzard:rofl:

Have a feeling we’re going to be sick of cold and snow by the time March is out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's still lightly snowing here. The snow I saw on Tuesday was out of this world. I have never sen it snow like that in my life. Didn't quite meet the totals of 2010, but very pleased with the offerings. Just wish it had cleared up a bit today so I could have seen my boyfriend, but will have to wait until next weekend now (goes away on business again on Monday).

I have some great pictures and a short video but they are all too big to upload/