Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
3 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Are we sure it's over? Could pick up in the channel like earlier?

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 16.21.19.png

That would arrive as rain or sleet or wet snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

What a turnaround here, lovely. Gone to the pub to warm up.

0B87103F-C188-4932-9780-562BA5A09EE2.jpeg

4FCA146A-4924-4B4D-9B9C-2F6AC711BBCE.png

Legend 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I feel really sorry for anyone trying to get home to Kent tonight from London who lives further than Dartford. Seems like every train cancelled or going no further than Dartford. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Two posts directly above in contradiction. Anyone got a latest radar grab or gif? I've no access. Home Horley, currently in Sutton. Cheers. 

532863F6-C25E-41E1-B4F8-B99D32816DB8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

It's not giving up quite yet in SE London. Considering how very light the radar is making it out to be it's still light to moderate in SE12, with occasional heavy bursts. Maybe an hour or so left to go, unless something else develops.

• Like 1

Posted

Still coming down heavy in Ashford... well at least up the hill :) A good 4cm since the change from freezing rain. Very memorable cold spell aka. Beast from the East.

Posted
6 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

It is lovely coming back to our reliably snowy corner... and slipping into old radar watching routines... Remembered today that we got snowed in in 2005 on exactly the same day, March 2nd, by that surprise snow event. Again we hit the jackpot and ended with 7 inches and I didn't make it to school in Tonbridge for two days (was in last year at the time).

Problem was that there was next to nothing in Tonbridge (20 mins drive away), so my explanations were met with some raised eyebrows a couple of days later...

Don't know if you saw the photos I posted last night. If not, here are a couple again, taken earlier this week:
snow1.thumb.jpg.a5ef55161537c33eddd6140f6550b52c.jpgsnow3.thumb.jpg.ccfe66c571fe7a8033be542cf3ddf702.jpg

Thanks I'll have a look at them.. Thread moves so fast you forget how long your on here.. Miss loads trying to keep up with the action.. I usually go back through them mid heatwave.. Lol.. Thinking what a crazy set of emotions snow can let loose :-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
17 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

London City Airport just closed?

Yup, temporarily closed to clear the snow from the runway.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

The Aldershot v Hatlepool game is off tomo. Tues night instead. Um, in case you're interested.

Erm nope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone trying to get home to Surrey, Hampshire etc, London Waterloo will be closing at 6pm today.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Cheers. Last hurrah it is, then. On the plus side, the wife had to close her school and she took the kids sledging at Earlswood Common in the thick of it today - which means I can enjoy watching Fulham beat Derby in peace tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home- 

-2c

here & another 2/3cm on top of everything-

Hoping for posterity that the last yellow batch crosses this area to go out in style....

1308064B-9921-422E-B2D7-3788A2E9E776.thumb.png.deda30551de4a0e259793482ed1634a6.png

Just a quickie Steve, is that us pretty much wrapped up now then? Only earlier I'm sure I saw a post from you saying the heaviest snow was coming between 3pm and 7pm? I assume it's all pushed through quicker than expected? I'm happy either way, it's Friday and I've cracked open an early beer, just wondering as the radar still looks full of life to me......I probably need to refresh the page ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

at least the big match at the kcom has survived the weather hull fc v warrington.leeds v catalan postponed.should be a big crowd at the kcom despite match being on sky.its not all bad news then.

• Like 1

Posted

I kid you not the house across the road from me has a 5ft icicle hanging from it, was going to get a photo of it but it’s above there bedroom window and didn’t want to get caught pointing my lens at it!!!??

Posted
58 minutes ago, paget said:

Will be looking forward to going out in it tomorrow as I’ve been stuck in all week! 

Better not have melted by then!! 

Better to go out early before it all turns to horrible slush!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

It's coming down really heavy where I live in a village north of Wycombe... Roads here are white

Posted

Temperature here getting close to zero now with just the odd flake. Make the most of it today, temperatures are already up to 5/6c in Guernsey/Jersey and Le Harve.

Nice that most places in the region saw some snow today, 3cm for me which is good total on the coast here.

Come on Spring :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nikkib74 said:

Just a quickie Steve, is that us pretty much wrapped up now then? Only earlier I'm sure I saw a post from you saying the heaviest snow was coming between 3pm and 7pm? I assume it's all pushed through quicker than expected? I'm happy either way, it's Friday and I've cracked open an early beer, just wondering as the radar still looks full of life to me......I probably need to refresh the page ?

Yeah it was a 3-4 hour batch - depending on location

Mid kent done by 530-6

London 630-7 

North London/ home counties -730 

all approximations

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There is light but persistent snow fall which started after 1pm and it is still falling. The time is 4:31pm.

Posted
7 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Cheers. Last hurrah it is, then. On the plus side, the wife had to close her school and she took the kids sledging at Earlswood Common in the thick of it today - which means I can enjoy watching Fulham beat Derby in peace tomorrow! 

That’s where we were earlier. About to go again!