Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Slightly heavier powdery, fine snow fell temporarily giving a thin dusting, now being blown about in the strong wind. Stopped for 10 mins, but now looks like it's trying to start again. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I still think the sweet spot for today will be in a line through Oxfordshire, Bucks, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and into East Anglia. I think areas around London and to the south will see snow, but not as much.

I hope to be proved wrong!

I hope to see more .. I'm in Bucks ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Ashford, Kent TN23

Light snow. Briefly 2/10, now 1/10.  Covering instantly due to earlier frizzle.  dusting on cars and paths already.  Interesting.  

Looking at charts, radar, all sorts and really do not know what to make of it.   Was going to take a trip to the pub to think it over! 

Edited by Big Dave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
6 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

mixture of freezing rain and a few snowflakes atm here in locksbottom.Temp risen in last hour from -1.8 to -1.3.Think as others have said transition to snow about 2pm.the band of snow is fairly narrow and think it will give about 3-4 hours steady snowfall with 2-5cm as a general rule but hillier areas could get a little more.Think Chilterns are in prime spot for this one with upto 10cms possible.

I love the snow but being a self employed gardener i can live with it for a week but like other self employed people,anymore time than that it starts to have negative financial implications so i would like everything to be green come monday morning.I would like to thank everyone on this forum during this cold spell for sending pics and reports of snow depths etc and sharing so many great memories that snow brings-I know it brings the kid out in us but nowt wrong with that:D 

Indeed,I run my own taxi company,just me,not worked much over the last few day's,thought about going out today,but the freezing rain,and now snow have put the skids on that,for an imby perspective,i've not had alot,prob 2cms at best,which melted mon,to be replaced on tuesday with virtually the same amount,but places a couple of miles either side have been plastered,didn't fancy some numpty wiping me out,hopefully 1 last decent event today,then a return to normality

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

That Channel is doing it's best to try and take some of the intensity out of it though, it's like the White Cliffs are trying it's best to hold back the intensity :D

Tell me about it we are just turning white now - folkestone ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Is there more behind that blob in the channel to come over ? 

Posted

A cm of ice accumulation up here at blue bell hill 

A35BA845-7DA5-49AE-AB05-801E0C8DBDFD.jpeg

CA1F7878-18E7-400F-AD5A-18F4B937EB39.jpeg

CF2FB1B7-78D7-447D-AC8C-9E822D5CF581.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Well that was an interesting morning, rain, freezing rain, sleet and now snow. Was let out of work early due to having to travel home. As I came off the M20 J9 the snow started and its laying already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Moderate fine snow for about 10 mins in Littlehampton, just about covering everything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
Just now, turkishfella said:

It started settling again here in Brighton 

4734B661-7ABF-469D-AA28-B48B3BB39653.jpeg

Crikey, how tall are you :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Light to moderate snow now in Tunbridge Wells, settling immediately on pavements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing here now, quite heavy. Settling, but will it last longer than the usual 10 minutes?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
10 minutes ago, Cat Clark said:

Getting bigger by the frame 

56BE5B91-4F19-44D8-89D6-70BD185DEB7F.png

2D8D7350-4FC8-4D20-9030-E150971554D0.png

10 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

That Channel is doing it's best to try and take some of the intensity out of it though, it's like the White Cliffs are trying it's best to hold back the intensity :D

Succeeding admirably here though, as I speak, it’s trying to snow again in Hailsham.

• Like 1

Posted

Snow back to light as the heavier burst moves away into N.Hampshire, was very nice to see.

I suspect there will probably be one more moderate burst on the back end of the front and then that will probably be it for snow here.

Far south looking good for the next hour as the heavier stuff finally comes inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Snoowing here in Hove...thin dusting of everything again...looks like it will be over in a jiffy judging by radar.

I think thats winters farewell leaving present..back to mild and wet here as early as tomorrow.

Looking forward to warmer and hopefully drier weather...had my fill of cold and snow.

Got a feeling winter 2018/2019 is going to be a special one...altho to be fair those in the SW, NE, West Scotland, Wales and Ireland have had an event that will be spoken about for years.

May e next winter will be our turn