Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Eased off again now

Posted
2 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Slightly worried by earlier posts it looks like West Kent, SE London sort of area might miss out on much, in between Surrey and East Kent’s heavier stuff. Can anyone back this up?

Yeh, looks like you are in the "dead strip"

Posted
9 minutes ago, cobbett said:

heavier burst of snow now in Farnham

Yep and there is some more decent stuff coming up from the south as well, currently got mod-heavy snow falling here and everything that had been 'desnowed' is now being covered again. Probably about 1cm of fresh snow thus far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

mixture of freezing rain and a few snowflakes atm here in locksbottom.Temp risen in last hour from -1.8 to -1.3.Think as others have said transition to snow about 2pm.the band of snow is fairly narrow and think it will give about 3-4 hours steady snowfall with 2-5cm as a general rule but hillier areas could get a little more.Think Chilterns are in prime spot for this one with upto 10cms possible.

I love the snow but being a self employed gardener i can live with it for a week but like other self employed people,anymore time than that it starts to have negative financial implications so i would like everything to be green come monday morning.I would like to thank everyone on this forum during this cold spell for sending pics and reports of snow depths etc and sharing so many great memories that snow brings-I know it brings the kid out in us but nowt wrong with that:D 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Coming down pretty hard in Farnham ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Snowing lightly, a nice dusting of snow on top of the ice from the earlier freezing rain

Posted

Very light snow in Reigate, in place of ice pellets falling recently.  Pretty slippery out, -1.9c

Posted
4 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Slightly worried by earlier posts it looks like West Kent, SE London sort of area might miss out on much, in between Surrey and East Kent’s heavier stuff. Can anyone back this up?

Should be fine, there is a mass in the channel that is incoming for you guys. May end up having less than areas further west but you'll get some I'm pretty sure!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
57 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

If it feels like a marble, it might be Freezing Rain

yes it does actually, ok then it's freezing rain :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Snowing and laying mile oak Brighton 

Edited by Marie
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Just trying to work out what time that lot should get to me here in Boxley (Maidstone), need to pop out for an hour or so but don't want to get caught out if it starts snowing heavy....real dilemma 

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yep and there is some more decent stuff coming up from the south as well, currently got mod-heavy snow falling here and everything that had been 'desnowed' is now being covered again. Probably about 1cm of fresh snow thus far.

Yep that band approaching Brighton should be heading this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

That Channel is doing it's best to try and take some of the intensity out of it though, it's like the White Cliffs are trying it's best to hold back the intensity :D

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Just trying to work out what time that lot should get to me here in Boxley (Maidstone), need to pop out for an hour or so but don't want to get caught out if it starts snowing heavy....real dilemma 

Just seen a few flakes and I'm near jct 7 M20. All falling on a thick sheet of ice.