Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

It is so painful to watch that finger of precipitation over Paris knowing it will dragged NW missing most of Kent ?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

It shows there no snow there - big gap on the radar !

be interested to hear reports of any snow direct to my south 

Nothing in uckfield steve

Just now, Weathizard said:

That radar was from 16.15 though it's 20 mins since then and there's barely a flake floating in the wind. Odd.

No worries - its generally correct

Radar 430 update building PPN into Kent

be interesting to see if any falls- light fading here..

14D9AB4D-4C9A-45C2-BB44-53DB84987400.thumb.png.a96491aeb05e2146e163d3cf5e1ad5da.png9598D9EC-E793-499C-831D-A2942F079F38.thumb.png.1b5734b4dec125be81fbdd9152eaa1d0.png

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Nah, thats present amount where I am, the warning will be for I'd guess 10-20cms,same as what the SW has given the system has come up further east than they were expecting, warnings will need to follow eastwards as well.

i cant see that much getting here. its skillfully avoided horsham so far... would be nice though!

Posted
7 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

snowing moderately here. (surprisingly)

My mum is looking after my boys in Reigate - do I need to get home pronto to allow her to get back to horsham or is it ok there?

Posted
16 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Anyone checking the thread before leaving work and travelling down the A3 after Guilford be very careful. In standstill traffic in a blizzard & hard to see where traffic has stopped. Very heavy snow. 

A3 south Guildford now totally blocked and road white. Lots of crashes and nothing moving.  

This should have been under a Red warning. Avoid at all costs. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Unless flakes start getting bigger it will be a decent dusting but nothing to get hysterical about - however, it’s definately getting heavier even if the snow itself is still quite fine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

No worries - its generally correct

Radar 430 update building PPN into Kent

be interesting to see if any falls- light fading here..

14D9AB4D-4C9A-45C2-BB44-53DB84987400.thumb.png.a96491aeb05e2146e163d3cf5e1ad5da.png9598D9EC-E793-499C-831D-A2942F079F38.thumb.png.1b5734b4dec125be81fbdd9152eaa1d0.png

We're debating at work whether those radar returns are real or not. The jury is out. Can someone kindly hire a boat into the Channel please?

• Like 1

Posted

Has hardly stopped snowing since yesterday here in the chilterns.. just keeps going...love it :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

We are currently under the snow on Netweather radar and its very lighly snowing here in Brighton :)

I have to drive to Tun Wells in an hour and hope to get back to Brighton ok for about 5pm tomorrow.  Eeek!  

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

This isn’t going as modelled therefore ignore them much of us are now in scope!

Only the HIRLAM and APGERE (or however you spell it!) were even close, the ECM wasn't too bad either overall though underestimated this afternoon).

Heavy snow approaching southern extent of M25, hope people drive carefully as conditions are going to go downhil.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

We should both see similar conditions this evening and I’m going for 6 inches by morning ?

Lol I will have a punt with yu, I had one with the Mrs last week she said £10 it don't snow next week (being this week) 

She now owes me £10

I would be surprised if we get above what you are saying but achievable 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

May I add and this may sound a little horrid for the very Eastern lot, the HIRLAM didn't entertain any snow at all in Kent really and the very far east of London, so anything you guys get really is world class and a bonus, tomorrow still looks Intresting for all 

12Z run certainly has snow in Kent, albeit no before 8pm.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

My mum is looking after my boys in Reigate - do I need to get home pronto to allow her to get back to horsham or is it ok there?

i wouldn't panic. we've gained about 1mm in the last 20 mins...

Just now, Nick L said:

We're debating at work whether those radar returns are real or not. The jury is out. Can someone kindly hire a boat into the Channel please?

We could walk there - I saw a FB video today that shows the edge of herne bay was freezing

DAEA9F2A-46DD-40FA-8377-7FD7417C9C2A.thumb.png.5209ad54ec1d169339b5f7579a503030.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Bloody Nora! Look at the size of Emma on sat, looks like the day after tomorrow 

Screenshot_20180301-163155.thumb.png.a4088c76bb5dc140685d99438e10c1f8.png

Oof! she's a big un ....  bet she delivers

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
11 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

We should both see similar conditions this evening and I’m going for 6 inches by morning ?

Unfortunately I’m on the low ground here in Old Windsor leaving us on the lighter precipitation. You should do better there with better elevation.

Posted
3 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

A3 south Guildford now totally blocked and road white. Lots of crashes and nothing moving.  

This should have been under a Red warning. Avoid at all costs. 

Not surprised, its really come down herein the last hour or so. Just eased slightly here ahead of the next impulse of convection coming up from Chichester and Portsmouth.

Really does need an amber warning though, heavens knows why they are waiting now!

Posted

I'm a 5 minutes walk from junction 5 of M25, and according to the latest radar, there should be heavy snow here in the next 10 mins or so. I'll let you know if it does.