Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yeah ECM still east of the GFS but not too much snow for most of the are as snowking states. Western parts probably still best placed and would only need a small correction eastwards to bring in a heavier spell of snow into the west of the region. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Been snowing about 30mins now and heavy too , everything that wasn’t white is white again . No sign of relenting either .

i see it’s snowing at Westminster too .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Well this is all turning out quite nicely! Nice snow streamer at work earlier and now another one! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

-4C ou there but feeling really raw, horizontal snow in Motspur Park

Posted

To keep the balance though...

ECM still keen on decent snowfall through the region on Friday:

us_model-en-999-0_modez_2018022812_51_4855_84.thumb.png.112ef0e4d336b678651109c1b11b9d18.pngus_model-en-999-0_modez_2018022812_54_4855_84.thumb.png.c8d0d37e564c3ee28b5ad767150e8753.png

All snow, and I'm just waiting for it to update the next few frames but it looks like it might introduce another spell of snow from the south on Saturday

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

Evening all,

I had to laugh, Google have told me to prepare for snow in Southend tomorrow....  where have they been since Sunday night?

Cheers

FC

I've been asking Alexa about the snow. Apparently I've a 68% chance of snow tomorrow in Ashford and it'll be about 2.2cm. :D:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Meto forecast for the south tomorrow is really encouraging snow in the morning turning persistent with strong winds and blizzard conditions ?

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, snowking said:

us_model-en-999-0_modez_2018022812_51_4855_84.thumb.png.112ef0e4d336b678651109c1b11b9d18.pngus_model-en-999-0_modez_2018022812_54_4855_84.thumb.png.c8d0d37e564c3ee28b5ad767150e8753.png

All snow, and I'm just waiting for it to update the next few frames but it looks like it might introduce another spell of snow from the south on Saturday

And unbelievably ithis ECM run gives us a chance for yet more snow on Saturday and no sign of a warm-up.  Cold till Monday and beyond!  Incredible!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
2 minutes ago, snowking said:

I've always liked the ECM :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

-4.2 here atm after peaking at -1.1(proper ice day).And after missing all the showers since late morning heavy snow shower started 10mins ago and everything covered already:yahoo:.Hope it keeps going for another hour and we will have a nice little covering.And with possible events tomorrow and Friday and ECMs latest run the snow could be here for a few more days!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Been snowing about 30mins now and heavy too , everything that wasn’t white is white again . No sign of relenting either .

i see it’s snowing at Westminster too .

Same here just down the road in Epsom!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

ECM T96, cold air further south again so cold extended in to Sunday, unbelievable.

ECM1-96.gif

ECM0-96.gif

Sunday you say? ECM just went and upped the game now the models catching on to this being a 2 week affair.

Monday looks fun :)

ECH1-120.GIF?28-0

ECH0-120.GIF?28-0

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, k66yla said:

I've been asking Alexa about the snow. Apparently I've a 68% chance of snow tomorrow in Ashford and it'll be about 2.2cm. :D:rofl:

according to alexa the last few days I should be under a foot of snow, got nothing at all

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowking said:

Wouldn't need much of a shift for me to get 10cms from the combined systems, which I'd gladly take right now!

Anyway getting close to real time now, will soon compare what the models suggests to the radar coming out of France and try to get a feel for what model is closest to the mark.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Wouldn't need much of a shift for me to get 10cms from the combined systems, which I'd gladly take right now!

Anyway getting close to real time now, will soon compare what the models suggests to the radar coming out of France and try to get a feel for what model is closest to the mark.

Absolutely, the radar watch will be key

Just for fun, the system which moves North into the region during Saturday afternoon pivots over London, and eventually clears the region about 3-6pm on Sunday - mostly light precipitation again but falling for quite some time - a little bit sleety towards the far east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
1 minute ago, samalllpop said:

Snowing steadily here in surrey been snowing wing since I got back have got about 2cms in the ground! Didn’t expect this! 

Unfortunately it hasn't made it as far Holmbury St Mary.....?? For it to though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Totally unexpected today in Epsom Surrey, coming down hard and fast right now!! I have a lamppost outside my house!!!:clap:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I'm directly under that long blob of ppn :yahoo:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
5 minutes ago, samalllpop said:

Snowing steadily here in surrey been snowing wing since I got back have got about 2cms in the ground! Didn’t expect this! 

Yep it’s much better now my 1cm has doubled to 2cm !!