Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Chris Fawkes on Twitter punting for 5cm+ in London tomorrow so hope for West of region. Can’t see it getting further east than West Essex and West Cambs though although who knows? All models differ, all eyes on the radar tomorrow I suppose ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The entry point for these train of showers is the coast north of Ipswich. They keep building offshore and are moving SW. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

And the snow keeps on falling..:smile:

• Like 2

Posted

As expected the 12z EURO4 pretty similar to raw UKMO:

18030118_2_2812.gif

Patchy snow for much of our region, a little more persistent in the west. Very little precipitation shown at all on Friday to 12pm, though it looks more likely to hit later on Friday so will have to see what is offered in later runs.

Over to you ECMWF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
19 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Depends on what you want, for the west of the area it looks ok for probably 3-6cms which is probably about where the mean of the models is at the moment. Not so good the further east you go, but for most of you guys in the east, you've more than had your fill anyway now ;) 

Actually here in Gatwick we haven't and I don't think we will either. Snow has fallen but not as much as they promised and the grass is basically green. Very disappointing really. When I move to the East Midlands we will be too far East for snow there too. The 2 weather patterns I love, snow and thunderstorms, very rarely happen where I am. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Looks like nobody has the foggiest what’s gonna happen - it’s probably just too unpredictable so I think from this point on i’ll Be sticking to radar...

whatever happens I really don’t need a blizzard starting at 2pm or i’ll End up snowed in at work! ?

Posted

I have to say as we go on this is an incredible powerful beast wind is sooo string it cuts you in half. Virtuslly no thaw on the ground today obviously on thd direct roofs then yes..... but in the sheltered garden. No. Went sledging at oxleas wood this afternoon on shootershill. Wow cold sheesh. Got back in car -3. With windchill about -15 bone shudder. Great fun for my daughter tho. Whats up next beem away from the models all day lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

I’m in Orpington Kent the snow showers look like there getting heavier the bbc said dry afternoon..:cc_confused:

Abbie how bad is it there i am just off tjere in a minite 

Posted

given the lack of yellow warning for this evenings current snow / streamer - why would they not place a yellow over us ? Or is it because it's 'dark' 

Edited by Honey
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just a picture from Locksbottom at 8am this morning under blue skies and no wind with temp at -6

image.thumb.png.a52a140684b760d4fc1da3a767a44668.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
4 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Abbie how bad is it there i am just off tjere in a minite 

As the afternoon went on snow showers have got heavier it been like blizzard conditions with that gusty easterly wind they have started to set on roads ..

• Like 3

Posted

ECMWF remains a tad further East, though with nothing on the scale of the HIRLAM with largely light precipitation - though we've seen the pretty impressive liquid to snowfall ratio's in recent days so difficult to suggest how much might fall

us_model-en-999-0_modez_2018022812_24_4855_84.thumb.png.4514013a66e09214f2722051ab31b17c.png

But for most of the region, it's around 0.5-2mm of precipitation, so maybe a few cms.

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all,

I had to laugh, Google have told me to prepare for snow in Southend tomorrow....  where have they been since Sunday night?

Cheers

FC

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
13 minutes ago, rubble79 said:

Awesome shower passing through Croydon now 

This is turning into a memorable cold spell now.. everything nearly covered again after the slight thaw by the sun:smile:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

ECM T96, cold air further south again so cold extended in to Sunday, unbelievable.

ECM1-96.gif

ECM0-96.gif

• Like 3