Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 minutes ago, cobbett said:

a rare flake has been spotted in Farnham

That must be the flake which floated by the window here earlier ??

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, paget said:

I spotted one too! Does that make 2 flakes in total? ?

Yep but the flake i spotted has now landed so thats that :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

That must be the flake which floated by the window here earlier ??

There must be saying of truth somewhere that says ‘where there is one flake, many many more will follow’ ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

After a beautiful sunny, but freezing day the snow clouds have returned.  Loving the icicles everywhere and the amount of birds grabbing their share of food in the garden.  Snowing now, however, really unsure what to expect....good luck to all and stay warm!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hirlam for tomorrow morning !!

Well East :)

A4744C72-2616-4AF9-AFE7-BBA9D46D8F81.thumb.png.d64943ac8a63daabfaa60563bc482c20.png

It goes on to show milder conditions getting into the far se during the early hours of Friday then back to cold and snow.

Posted
1 minute ago, jright35 said:

Is this reliable in these set ups?

Yep 100% and more if it’s favourable! ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

It goes on to show milder conditions getting into the far se during the early hours of Friday then back to cold and snow.

its done well this year ( slider event ) but has had a couple of misses as well !

Posted
1 hour ago, DonnaThw said:

On the radar is days showers are now pushing in to the Canterbury area! Can anybody agree that r is it too light to touch the ground

Just a light shower started here. Baby cloud. Won't amount to anything but just goes to show how easily snow will fall at the moment

Posted
12 minutes ago, dallas said:

Meto regional update not out yet, normally by now I think, maybe they are waiting on a few more models to update

probably banging there head against the wall as every model different at only 12hours, wouldn't like to be in their shoes trying to draw up warnings,  could be serious in some areas to west with drifting and people stranded in sub zero temps and strong wind chill, different models show same areas much lighter snow and if they throw out red/amber warnings and people don't travel then weather is ok they look silly and effects economy if schools/businesses close when not necessary nightmare situation for them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hirlam for tomorrow morning !!

Well East :)

A4744C72-2616-4AF9-AFE7-BBA9D46D8F81.thumb.png.d64943ac8a63daabfaa60563bc482c20.png

Does that mean we might get some in bucks? It keeps missing  us kx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Today must be the coldest day UK wide for a long, long time. Probably 19th December 2010? 

Currently in another heavy snow shower in Chingford. 

• Like 1

Posted

Other half just came in, says he’s been in Aldi shopping and the till person said loads of people had been in panic buying! I thought we through the best snow chances they obviously all know something I don’t! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
36 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Three miles away in Surbiton we have had nearly continuous snow showers for around an hour, blowing very nicely in the wind and topping up the melted snow from earlier. As with you I headed off to the local park with the sledge at 10.30am and the snow had melted; hoping for some big totals Thursday and Friday to remember the good old days. NESCOT in Epsom has closed the special needs educational unit of the college tomorrow and Friday due to the weather, probably because most of the students need transport and/or are physically or intellectually vulnerable for the journey there and back. My son is now super-excited for two snow days:)

Oooo really?! On/off here for the last hour but progressively more dark/cloud! Interesting about NESCOT, could also be due to a lot of people come via the Downs to get there too? I didn't know they had a SEN Unit, good to know for the future for my son!

Have lots of fun and let's hope for more here, not been the best location to be for a lot of this!x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The Met and the BBC have seriously underestimated the snow today. They both forecast things drying out and the showers clearing. However for London this has been by far the snowiest day of the cold spell so far. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

its done well this year ( slider event ) but has had a couple of misses as well !

Yeah, I agree.. It's pretty reliable and I always check it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexaris1985 said:

Chris Fawkes has just tweeted he fancies the eastern extent of the low tomorrow with 5-7 cms for Greater London. It is just his view though. Let's see.

Not too different in some of the more favourable high-resolution models. I would also suggest probably more like 7 to 12 cm of snow over the likes of Hampshire Berkshire possibly Sussex  and Surrey as well.

• Like 2