Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I think the wind just got a northerly component :))))))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
6 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

BBC have just given us a massive upgrade for this afternoon heavy snow showers then heavy snow till midnight. It is coming over slightly more cloudier now but I doubt that forecast will be right

Location ?

Posted
6 minutes ago, EWS said:

I'm a bit confused as to which way the showers on the radar are heading - they've been heading East uo the Thames most of the day, have they now changed to a more SW'ly direction? 

Seems that way slightly..

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Wind direction looks to have changed slightly, bringing the Medway towns more into play for flurries; one passed through just now - not amounting to much, but continuing the wintry feel, so nice to see :)

Edited by Ben Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

I've literally been the dividing line just the wrong side all day-Can see constant stream of showers blowing through Essex up to London I'm just too far south yet last couple days too far north&West bloody typical! NE not good for here nor ESEly need ENEly again. Suns been out all day in Gravesend and melted half the snow?

I thought Gravesend would have been one of the jackpot areas last night anyways, although I was not paying much attention, there was a big hole in the PPN that developed though and some people did miss out somewhat. This looks like the real deal Thames Streamer coming on now.

This is a pic I took yesterday afternoon when we had a mini blizzard here that gave me the initial covering of about an inch or so, my Venus looking a bit chilly there.:snowman-emoji:

20180227_135041.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

light snow, evil wind :yahoo:

motspur park

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

A lot of the snow in my area gone, no wet though as trodden on stuff is hard ice, so sublimation here.  Bitterly cold.  I think the North Downs/Surrey Hills will be north extent of snow tomorrow/Fri if it arrives.

BBC London showed West Sussex and Surrey for frontal snow on Fri

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
24 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

For the rest of the day or tomorrow/Friday Paul?

That was for tomorrow, then showed it turning to freezing rain over Devon and Cornwall. Friday just said keep an eye on the forecast but the graphics suggested the furthest east was Berkshire then through Oxfordshire and across to Northern Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Yes, evaporation rates do appear to be high, I guess thanks to the very low dewpoints.

We didn’t get much here, maybe 1cm overnight. How about you?

About 1.5cm on top of a bit that fell later yesterday afternoon. Was very pretty first thing but much of it gone, now. Hopefully more later and over next couple of days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

snowing here now.:D

Posted

Seems to be a fair amount of convective activity and cloudbuilding over East Kent right now. Nothing really showing up on the radar, but if it was backbuilding a little in the estuary and the wind really does now have a northerly element.. it's possible Kent may see some more snow soon.

Posted

First snow flurries of the day here, and -0.9c - definitely see some south westerly movement, but perhaps too late to get any big additional falls.

Posted

Snow appears to be banding into a traditional Thames streamer in a line across south / central London across to Berkshire.

This ties in nicely with what I saw on some high res models this morning and should continue through the evening, if the flow remains favourable.

• Like 1

Posted

well its probably just as well it hasnt snowed here. apparently, according to a snippet i heard on the radio, i would have had to have built a snow-gender-neutral-person!! GRRRRR....!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Heavy snow on sheppey:yahoo:

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

That was for tomorrow, then showed it turning to freezing rain over Devon and Cornwall. Friday just said keep an eye on the forecast but the graphics suggested the furthest east was Berkshire then through Oxfordshire and across to Northern Ireland

Yeah think that is about right.

For most of us, certainly East of London, I think we have reached the peak of the cold spell now and a slow climb up towards normal values from the weekend with a gradual melt setting in.