Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Must be crazy in north London at the moment!

Here is SW London, wall to wall sunshine but very cold.

The sun has pretty much melted all the snow it hits - still a 2-3 cm in the shade.  The wind has picked up too!

-0.8C

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Looking at wind charts seems there may be more of a northerly element at about 15.00 to 20.00

That'd be good - has been a straight easterly thus far.

Posted
18 minutes ago, jodaw84 said:

Not this little bit here in the south east of the south east! 

Have to agree with you there, barely a dusting here in Ramsgate, been working up Rochester all week and all the way down to Broadstairs / Margate border seems to have had good accumulations, yet here in Ramsgate we've had minimal, we have been extremely unlucky to miss out on the worst. Still great to see everyone else enjoying it, just a shame it's not on your doorstep to enjoy. 

Edited by dan dan

Posted
14 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Im really not complaining folks, we have done brilliantly, just looking at the current data at it seems this particular event is finished for most of Kent!

I am pretty confident north Kent will get more snow around 4pm. Not as much as last 2 nights but still a top up look at the radar estuary is slowly starting to fire up as winds increase, winds will be from East at upper levels should be enough convection for light snow more so for north Essex/East anglian coast.

Posted

Tomorrow perhaps a spell of snow in the more West/South West area of our region, other than that looks a bit of nothingness, certainly for more Eastern parts. Perhaps a chance for those in those areas who have missed out thus far to join the snow party. Good luck :yahoo:

Friday, tough one perhaps a better shot at something more substantial/widespread compared to Thurs.

Really what we want is a decent push East of the low tomorrow to bring us more into the game. Could still happen. Tonight's runs should nail it.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, mulzy said:

The sun has pretty much melted all the snow it hits - still a 2-3 cm in the shade.  The wind has picked up too!

-0.8C

The wind is bitter here too. My nose feels as if it has left my face..

Seen a lot of dogs in hooded coats. That's a new look.

• Like 1

Posted

The snow through the Thames just starting to head back in a WSW direction again - more snow for much of North and central London in the next hour or two

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
8 hours ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Winter Wonderland beautiful mate, glad you got some...London will be fun waking up today haha

Its funny around here on the border with Kent and near the Thames estuary, boom or bust, and Kent past Dartford has its own mini climate when its a NEly thats blowing. I was getting a bit worried yesterday that it was going to be a bust not just for here but for London too, and then the wind direction changed to any easterly. Did you get some in the end, your in London I take it?

It would be really cool if we could end this cold snap with general snowfall for everyone Thur-Sat.

5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Its funny around here on the border with Kent and near the Thames estuary, boom or bust, and Kent past Dartford has its own mini climate when its a NEly thats blowing. I was getting a bit worried yesterday that it was going to be a bust not just for here but for London too, and then the wind direction changed to any easterly. Did you get some in the end, your in London I take it?

It would be really cool if we could end this cold snap with general snowfall for everyone Thur-Sat.

Yes the snow has pushed down to Eltham High st now

watching upwind of the thames - convection building down towards margate etc on 13:15 radar grab-

S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Light flurry here on sheppey. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

watching upwind of the thames - convection building down towards margate etc on 13:15 radar grab-

S

I would love a repeat of last night Steve, just another inch or two on top of this lot, the snow has hardly moved today around here away from direct sunshine, clouding over again now towards the Thames estuary.

Then we still have Thurs, Friday and maybe squeeze something out of Saturday too.:D

Posted
12 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

S

Think the wind will turn  ENE a tad this afternoon Steve ??

Posted

Icicles growing :) 

A8F615DC-EE74-4076-A454-A3248661331E.thumb.jpeg.7c55b118abf16f7f6a9697bdc90d64ae.jpeg7F78EE4E-419A-403B-9494-B95B42606AD5.thumb.jpeg.1cbae29e250d6dd3b4fe53139122b621.jpeg

For it to be -3.5C with sun midday this is truly unprecedented late cold imagine if it was mid winter! I normally struggle to get an air frost but this is sensational. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham

The BBC tv forecast has just shown snow at times in Kent, London area/Essex and all of Sussex ... tomo. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Nipped out for a walk, working from home can get a bit cabin fever like. The wind chill is pretty hardcore, definitely benefited from a cosy hood! Took some more snaps, little mini drifts about. 

6F2A8EA7-7673-4C60-8B30-76050B7C6F3D.jpeg

Edited by bluebell
  • Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, mulzy said:

-0.8C

Strange it hasn’t done that at all despite the sun! A lot colder here -2.6C. :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
40 minutes ago, jodaw84 said:

Not this little bit here in the south east of the south east! 

We should all see some frontal snow from Thursday, fingers crossed. Might even stay as snow right into Saturday, that’d be amazing :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It’s not gone above -2C here so far and all the snow in the sun has gone. Thought that was a bit wierd?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
15 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

S

I can also see it from here building back along to the Thanet, shame not a nudge South I could be tapping into it :D

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I think you've probably had less sunshine I guess.

It's now -1.1C but I reached a high of -0.2C - still an ice day - quite incredible for our part of the world in late February.

• Like 1