Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Looking at the updated  fax charts this morning it seems Exeter think that Storm Emma will throw it's first occluded front at us tomorrow morning from a SE direction.

This to me looks rather weak on our SE side of the country ( hence our Thursday snow threat has been removed) but may be more snowtastic to the West of London.

However this angle of attack would keep the SE and coasts in the cold for longer,the approaching warm front on Thursday night becomes a cold front on Friday,so the precipitation should be pure snow for all,at least until daytime Saturday.

Yes, looks like the temperatures here in the SE will stay cold enough for snow until at least Saturday morning. Could be more fun and games to come! 

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Memphis snow said:

27cm here got down to -9.3 last night!! And some people said this cold spell won’t be remembered.

well it will by me?

So we have over 10.5 inches! ??

Incredible for us. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Surprised this morning to get about 3cms which is great to see

Motspur Park

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Meto have issued a yellow warning for today now! Didn't have that last night, was supposed to be all sunshine today!x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Quite incredible minima this morning in my parents valley in a N Downs frost hollow. Snow is measuring 8.5" deep. 

IMG_3508.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow moving west through essex into north London on the radar 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Me and my sister made a mini snow creature. It was too powdery to make a proper sized one.

13CE3212-BBCC-40BA-B6D0-2DED119F2DEA.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Looks like cloud firing up already up the thames- snow already into Southend etc

@Southender

@Paul Sherman

Can confirm. 

Posted

i'd better get out and build a snow-ant before it all melts. must have got at least 0.1cm overnight....

• Like 1

Posted

We were really lucky in Tonbridge, very satisfied with around 6 inches of level powder snow!

Both Monday & Tuesday nights one of the streamers ran straight over my location, virtually direct hit!

It's been a really exciting week of model watching with possibly more to come Thursday & Friday?

It's been fantastic reading all the posts and I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions, especially Mr Steve Murr!

Winter wouldn't be the same without you mate!

01 002.jpg

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 2

Posted

Happy for those who max out this time , I got lucky 2009 so happily spread the love .today feels like the true beast   Was worries up to now it will be a flop

Posted
8 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

i'd better get out and build a snow-ant before it all melts. must have got at least 0.1cm overnight....

Wow that sucked for you! Here in Tilgate we got around 2cm last night, that shower must have just grazed you.