Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Anyone south aside of the thames hopinh for more snow - whilst there isnt bucket loads forecast- the steering winds indicate just after lunch it is thames streamer type direction !!

837490E3-B214-437C-8297-38E0E4BEA7C4.thumb.png.a3891adf2a33841233503f5066747c0c.png

Temp here -6c still

20 ish CMs

x

BBC weather app (always take what it shows with a pinch of salt) shows heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 this afternoon for London. Is that likely?

Posted

Temp was down to -11 this morning over the north down, beautiful sunrise on the Surrey Kent Borders, Landrover was brilliant on my drive to work life's good!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Anyone south aside of the thames hopinh for more snow - whilst there isnt bucket loads forecast- the steering winds indicate just after lunch it is thames streamer type direction !!

837490E3-B214-437C-8297-38E0E4BEA7C4.thumb.png.a3891adf2a33841233503f5066747c0c.png

Temp here -6c still

20 ish CMs

x

Was just about to post similarly Steve - hi res models picking up on some light flurries through the estuary this afternoon, doesn't look like anything major at the moment though.

I had underestimated how much has fallen overnight here - similar to Dan's report from Rotherhithe, about 6cms so pretty impressed for London.

Thursday still very hit and miss across modelling suites, it will be a case of wait and see but I suspect with the strong flow it might be a little more intense than currently predicted.

Friday still looking good for now. Bet we'll wish we were over in the westcountry though

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Temp here -6c still

20 ish CMs

x

What do you reckon the chances are for north Surrey? 

Had a nice fall over night, never seen snow so dry. Heading to Yorkshire tomororw for the weekend so wouldn’t mind seeing a little more down here before the melt. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

No more overnight snow for thanet, was another covering early evening and that was it. Just dropped kids to school, main roads all fine, side roads a little dodgy. What is here will melt up today. Fingers crossed for something decent in the next two days ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danm said:

BBC weather app (always take what it shows with a pinch of salt) shows heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 this afternoon for London. Is that likely?

I really think we should monitor the radar as confidence is 50/50

That said - upper air is -15c & there is plenty of instability although no major convergence zone - So I guess shower trains not massive clumps -

S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
33 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Most forecasts point towards a quiet but cold day today, the met office says heavy snow for us in rye tomorrow and Friday but bbc saying dry tomorrow, I agree models are all saying different then bbc for tomorrow. 

Looking at the updated  fax charts this morning it seems Exeter think that Storm Emma will throw it's first occluded front at us tomorrow morning from a SE direction.

This to me looks rather weak on our SE side of the country ( hence our Thursday snow threat has been removed) but may be more snowtastic to the West of London.

However this angle of attack would keep the SE and coasts in the cold for longer,the approaching warm front on Thursday night becomes a cold front on Friday,so the precipitation should be pure snow for all,at least until daytime Saturday.

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

Met O just issued red warning for Ireland, lucky buggers ?

Posted
15 minutes ago, Southender said:

Rayleigh Road coping well then Paul :rofl:

Progress road/127 was like destruction derby on ice at 4:30am!! Had to have help to move my car from the centre of 127 and then decided to go back home, great covering last night with insane temperatures! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Farnham, Surrey 

Looks like we literally missed out by about 5 miles! How does that happen??!! ?

Posted

Ok just measured. 15cm from yesterday’s snow and 10cm from last nights. A nice 25cm. I’ll take that ❄️

• Like 3

Posted

Latest MetO video forecast shows showers across the region later. Let's see if the warning for today remains or gets updated removed later. 

Potential for tomorrow's heavy snow to move further east according to this forecast. Doesn't show Friday yet.

Screenshot 2018-02-28 08.48.02.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

HIRLAM looks very snowy for the SE tomorrow and Friday.

Really the way people are talking it’s touch and go??

Posted
24 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Temp here -6c still

20 ish CMs

x

Spot on last night sir....tip my hat. Hopefully something late then!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have waken to a blanket of snow. Roads have not been gritted as the snow was not expected to be as  heavy today as there was supposed to be heavy snow in the overnight on Monday in the early hours of the morning (amber warning) but hardly snowed.  Any areas that don't get any snow today will get it either on Thursday or Friday.

A Beautiful snowy day.jpg

Beautiful Snowy Day.jpg

IMG0071A Beautiful snow day.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Temp here -6c still

20 ish CMs

x

Yeah if you look at the met office twitter feed you can see they showing snow for later today for the London area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
1 minute ago, Katrine Basso said:

I have waken to a blanket of snow. Roads have not been gritted as the snow was not expected to be as  heavy today as there was supposed to be heavy snow in the overnight on Monday in the early hours of the morning (amber warning) but hardly snowed.  Any areas that don't get any snow today will get it either on Thursday or Friday.

A Beautiful snowy day.jpg

Beautiful Snowy Day.jpg

IMG0071A Beautiful snow day.jpg

Looks very like my back garden this morning! Whereabouts in Ockendon are you? My daughter managed to get to work in Tilbury quicker than usual this morning! But my hubbie only managed to get as far as Barking on the train so he is coming home again!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
4 minutes ago, anything-but said:

Just under 9" total this morning. 

Took a selfie from the garden too. 

flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

I felt like that after sledging yesterday ?

• Like 1