Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Surprised to wake up to a covering of 2cm here in RP. (now makes this the best event since Jan 2013!). A band of snow showers must have passed through London I guess.

Cold with a temperature of -4.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

As of my last post it' actually got colder schools shut yesterday and are again today so maybe another sledging day on Sheppey what week this is turning out to be

IMG_20180228_062917.jpg

Posted
Just now, DoverSoul said:

A very light dusting for me in Dover. Can still see the green of the grass in the garden. 

Ah, sounds the same as us, came down just after midnight. So close but so far! At least he should arrive safely. 

Loving snow and living in a teflon zone is like supporting a rubbish team at football. I love football but I know my team will never do well. Maybe this time, maybe, maybe.....no...not this time. Still always next season! Chin up. :)

• Like 2

Posted

1 minute ago, soopdragoon said:

We are still under amber until ten, I am assuming that's for the other areas that were pummelled, clearish skies here.

Beautiful clear skies here too. I’m headed off for Maidstone shortly, it might be a different story with the skies and the roads there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Well, what a surprise!! Up early again. A bathroom visit, at just gone midnight, revealed our Close, pavements and grass verges, totally covered, in snow. Now what's happened here, I thought. Two options, occurred to me :

1. Some of the more, beefier snow showers, had made it all the way down to SE.London, making it past, Suffolk and Essex, unusually!!                                               or

2. The subtle change in direction of flow, from NE to ENE, which some of those 700 hPa charts, had predicted for around 3 to 4 a.m., had occurred earlier.

Having had a quick look, at the radar, the second option, looks the more likely reason.

Going off to read all the reports, from late last night. I know one thing, my poor wife, is going to have a struggle getting to work at Chislehurst/Elmstead Woods border.

She's booked a cab for 6.30 and they always have great difficulty, in getting up our Close, in snowy weather. Hoping that the snow is still powdery and there's not too much ice about. I sense a " double fare ", coming on!!

Will report back later.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Well fortunately my wifes'  cab, turned up on time. She's arrived safely and no doubt Chislehurst has more than Lee, being 50 mts, higher. Just estimated, we have between 1 and 2 inches, on our driveway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

A light dusting here in Horsebridge to add to what was left from yesterday/Monday.

-6 atm.

As I predicted last night and hats of to the NMM it got it absolutely spot on for last night I really rate that model now, that was hard. 

Probs another 2" fell last night here, roads are very very bad with grit not working my little village is nearly cut of this is the one road out or my section Total depth now 4" that's not including tomorrow and Fridays snow! 

DSC_0760.thumb.JPG.9c2e69ae02f07a9e8abc4aa36b991824.JPG

• Like 3

The slightest of dustings here but it does make a look like that more wintry than it had done yesterday.

Still big uncertainties regarding tomorrow's possible snow event more likely in the west but even this may get some if the ecm is correct. High resolution models also Greaves ecm but the gfs is a bit further West and doesn't have quite so much precipitation coming up from France on Thursday and said Focus is mainly on the front on Friday. Ecm horse has a front on Friday looking still pretty good with totals probably about 3 to 4 inches across the region with a little bit more towards the West.

Edited by kold weather2
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

At last, a half decent covering of snow here in south London overnight

BC052615-4F19-4A27-AB33-6A55979B4738.thumb.jpeg.de16c7913cc3eae68ebb50071934a044.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

With the change of wind direction I really thought we were in for a shout! 

Nope! Missed us again! ?

(farnham, Surrey) 

temp got down to -11.3 last night! 

Just now, paget said:

Nope! Missed us again! ?

(farnham, Surrey) 

We've had something similar here as well though we did get the lightest of dustings which makes it look wintery outside

Posted
4 minutes ago, paget said:

Nope! Missed us again! ?

(farnham, Surrey) 

we will get are day tomorrow I hope

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Tomorrow looks bloody epic.. If its snow you like some models though not so keen, tough call 

I don’t think we will get all that much in Surrey but I am willing to be surprised!

my brother in law is flying into Gatwick early Saturday morning - I wonder what will happen then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Tomorrow looks bloody epic.. If its snow you like 

What time will that affect us do you think

some sources early hours tonight

some tomorrow lunch time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Had another dumping overnight. Roads worse than yesterday. Another snow day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We had another dumping. temp. currently -6C.