Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
12 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

Hm, a bit conservative no? I'm in Richmond myself and watching closely, and so far it seems to be sticking together quite well and maintaining intensity, and I'm thinking lucky parts of West London could get that big yellow blob. Together with leading and trailing edges etc, that has to amount to 1-2 inches...

Orientation seems to be WNW on one viewing, but if you watch the energy, you can see that still has slightly more WSW tilt to it. Plus the models have tended to show it veering more to the southeast eventually after riding over the hump.

We'll have to see if it does keep its course and intensity obviously, but IF it does, i reckon there might be a bit more than a cm in there.

In any case it's already hit eastern half of London and will disrupt the city and embarrass the metoffice amusingly.

Stopped here... And if you animate the radar,  showers still mostly went either side but still came down..  but not heavy as others... So it snowed.. Melted.. Snowed again.. Melted a bit.. Froze. Then snowed again.. So grand total of.. No idea :cc_confused: :cold:

_20180228_023842.JPG

Posted
2 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Stopped here... And if you animate the radar,  showers still mostly went either side but still came down..  but not heavy as others... So it snowed.. Melted.. Snowed again.. Melted a bit.. Froze. Then snowed again.. So grand total of.. No idea :cc_confused: :cold:

_20180228_023842.JPG

Wow, didn't realise you suffered from melt in Tonbridge so badly. Thought that wasnt an issue today even in the Tonbridge crater... Still seems you've prob done relatively well though.

• Like 1

Signing off now-

new Snow 4cm

Total Fallen 21cm

afternoon melt -2cm 

Current depth 19cm/7 inches.

Looking for about -7c when the skies clear for dawn !

Final radar grab - Lots of schools closed tomorrow in NW kent / SE london - maybe NE london etc

Front seems to be holding together - so 1-4cm estimated across the piste...

2C5E7AC3-A609-4A4D-BD5D-AD65A7707E5E.thumb.png.9f960ed61d10e88c99636f4f56a46590.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I one hour I have added 2 or 3 inches of snow, incredible powder snow now, and heavy too. Looks like something out of one of the American Christmas movies!:santa-emoji::snowman-emoji::D

• Like 1

Posted

At 1.30am in Grays i had no snow on my car I have just mesured on the roof of it now it has 7cm still chucking down should easily make it to 10cm before it eases off here in around half hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

My car had no snow on it yesterday evening, it's now got 9cm on it. 

This is absolutely incredible, over a foot of level snow, I think this has probably reached 2010 levels of snow! Day off work for me 100%.

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Must be past a foot of level snow here now, absolutely incredible!!

Ok if that's a real estimate... and not measured in kentimetres... You have to upload some photos!!! I'm sure there's some surface available and you must have a flash on your phone - we all want to see that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

The wife just gone to work and heard her leave about 2.45 so thought i would have a look out the window and boom its snowing quite heavily in Locksbottom and everything has been covered up where it melted yesterday.Looking at Radar may have 30-60mins left of snow before it moves away so could get another 2cms.That will be enough for schools to close lol!!Temp -5.4 

Posted

So it's started snowing here near Richmond. And it looks like we could be in line for plenty more (notwithstanding possible changes and general unpredictable meteorological wizardry...)

Told myself I'd just wait for the heavy stuff to arrive and then go to sleep. Now I want to stay up and watch... Oh dear...

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

Now this is turning into a memorable cold spell for me coming down unrelenting London a standstill... :) 

Speak for yourself

Nothing here 

A bit of slight snow but it's been like that for ages 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I just popped out with a tape measure, 34cm in the deepest parts, 28cm probably about the average.

• Like 1