Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

My Stepsons' g/friend, lives in Gillingham and teaches, at a school in Hoo and the school closed at lunchtime and everyone sent home. She had 6 inches, on the ground earlier and looks to get, another decent top up, tonight.

Off to bed soon, up with the wife, at 5.15, tom.morning, as she's got an early morning shift.

Don't think, we'll get much, if anything, up here tonight, wrong direction of flow, again.. Would like to be in mid-Kent/E.Sussex, who like last night, look to be the sweet spots, yet again.

Night all. Enjoy your radar watching!!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, CrimsonSunset said:

South coast of Ireland is currently doing better than here in London, in an easterly! Not fair!

The issue is that it ain't an easterly. It is a North Easterly which delivers nothing you London or Surrey. Happy for Kent but getting a bit tired of reading 'best snow ever' etc reports. Bring on summer in all honesty. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
2 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Ive got a short video (only 4 secs) of the heavy snow but it won’t oet me upload. Any ideas how to shrink the size? 

The free "any video converter" http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
1 minute ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

The issue is that it ain't an easterly. It is a North Easterly which delivers nothing you London or Surrey. Happy for Kent but getting a bit tired of reading 'best snow ever' etc reports. Bring on summer in all honesty. 

And what' now annoying is being so close to the constant showers just passing by to my east? literally 3miles east of here has triple the snow cover 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Radiating Dendrite said:

Within touching distance again of the mid-Kent snow...literally 10 miles away!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Just now, John Michael How said:

And what' now annoying is being so close to the constant showers just passing by to my east? literally 3miles east of here has triple the snow cover 

Yep - at least a heatwave hits the entire SE! No strips of 30c and everyone else at 15c.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Thank you! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

You should hopefully catch the shower train moving through Maidstone area soon, if it can hold together.

Nice. I have been tracking it's movement obsessively and looks like a direct hit.

To my untrained eye that could bring a period of heavy and prolonged snow?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Agreed! Still interested to see what the system on Friday might bring but I'm not going to get any hopes up.

Posted

Question if I may ...

do you think far se corner of Kent will get the snow on Friday as some of the forecasts look to miss us. ??

Some will say Karma as Kent has had loads already but us in the far corner Thanet, Deal and Dover, Folkestone ain't seen much yet

think we have more chance on Friday but would be Typical if we missed that too !!

good luck everyone tonight ????

Any any thoughts welcome 

thanks

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Snowing again here after around a 7 hour window, I so hope the rest of the region can get a load of snow before it's all over!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Yep - at least a heatwave hits the entire SE! No strips of 30c and everyone else at 15c.

That would be good.  Kent gets 30c and I get 15c!

Posted

Heavy snow again in Maidstone, already 25cm on the ground here and a few cm on the car which was cleared at 4pm. Could be waking up to near 35cm at the rate things are going, honestly can’t remember a snow event like this in Maidstone!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 minutes ago, Ellozee said:

Some great glowing cloudscapes about tonight off the East Kent coast. Incoming! 

I can see them as well, touching distance but the streamers are in the wrong location for most of kent unlike the early hours :) - Yes some places are getting hammered

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azores Hi said:

Get in! C132DB97-4490-4179-A7EA-2D8576633507.png

That red is 5-7cm PER HOUR !

just back in looking at the radar & convergence zones it all look a bit mysterious post midnight so wait & see 

by the end of the night midkent ish somewhere will be north of 40cm

** please post when you get to 30cm **'

E83A4D94-57E9-45D3-96F2-038AC87AB036.thumb.jpeg.5e4777ce1819fc21f1b9ee31cd7b2b1b.jpeg

DFAF5816-59AA-4F0D-AFAB-5E0D434E1E46.thumb.png.64897b343583090d2754a54daaac3ede.png

S

• Like 6

Posted

Well, it's over to Thursday and Friday now for my neck of the woods.  Did have a few heavy snow showers today but anything that settled melted in between.  Looking unlikely that I will see much now until Thursday or Friday (if it happens!).