Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Evening all

Woke this morning to barely a dusting with a low of -4c. Snow started at 7am and lasted over an hour giving 2” which was a nice surprise. Drive to work was easy (unexpected!) and down in town there was a sprinkling. 

The sun melted most of town centre snow but got home to most of our snow intact. Pic 1 was at 7am, the next 3 are at 8:15 and the last two are when we got home about 5:30..

94289000-5924-4508-88F0-A1E578EC0C5D.jpeg

F8C91AF9-4D84-42E3-9DFE-7418D3A90D0E.jpeg

F311326C-2318-4C81-90EF-54DCB813147B.jpeg

2740F72E-DA26-4223-98E5-9BDE48D30DAF.jpeg

434BA6BA-C1B0-462F-8E8C-0AB481F6F58B.jpeg

76E09B66-3A02-4459-A92D-5B4C5A1C4A12.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Strong Convection occuring in the Estuary

People in Sheerness, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells your in for a treat!

Lucky Buggers

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lucky Buggers

I can literally touch it F F S

But look up towards Frinton, that aint missing mate

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

Hardly any thing falling from sky. ?  Roll on Spring if we can't get the deluge .fed up with false forecasting this must be the new fake news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
10 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

MEDWAY CREW WHERE YOU AT

Massive dollop incoming :yahoo:

Tell me when it starts and I'll get out the bath to look :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I’ll be honest - so far this has been a proper non event for Surrey hills. Flurries - yes - but not disruptive snow by any stretch of the imagination. It’s all too hot and miss - I would call it a downgrade from what was suggested just a few days ago.

Still 3 days left but there seems to be a lot of quiet and dry periods when I was expecting there would be showers around. We are always just on the edges of warning zones it’s too frustrating!

woke up this morning to nothing!

seen a lot of clear sky today - really need it to get it’s act together soon! Was banking on at least one snow-day this week so I could catch up with some work on a side project... ?

(... and because I like snow ⛄️)

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

I can literally touch it F F S

But look up towards Frinton, that aint missing mate

We need something just offshore in the crouch Estuary below Clacton ideally, for it too intensify and not mature too soon which is what has scuppered us to some respects this spell. Dont get me wrong we have done well compared to others still got 8cm in the garden but that land mass between Mersea island through Southminster and onwards is really dumbing down the convection and only today when it went true ENE and showers formed just offshore did we feel the real punch of snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’ll be honest - so far this has been a proper non event for Surrey hills. Flurries - yes - but not disruptive snow by any stretch of the imagination. It’s all too hot and miss - I would call it a downgrade from what was suggested just a few days ago.

Still 3 days left but there seems to be a lot of quiet and dry periods when I was expecting there would be showers around. We are always just on the edges of warning zones it’s too frustrating!

seen a lot of clear sky today - really need it to get it’s act together soon! Was banking on at least one snow-day this week so I could catch up with some work on a side project... ?

Fair assessment for north Surrey too it’s been disappointing given the Synoptics! What has been amazing were the gin clear skies and very low dew points.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Could be a bad one again tonight in some areas!

Clipboard02.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lucky Buggers

When are these winds going to back Easterly again. More like the Beast from Norway!

• Like 1

Posted

Rapid fall of temp! -4.1c to now -5.4c in 30 minutes. This morning, we got down to -6.9c, should beat that comfortably

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
1 minute ago, Kevin Cracknell said:

Is Sittingbourne in line for anything and what’s the views on Friday/Saturday is it still ran and warm?

Very much so! Intense showers on the way :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Temps dropping like a stone here in Surrey/Hampshire border (Farnham)

temp -5.2

Dp - 7.2 

clear skies ?  

Posted
7 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I am in Bramley (near Grafam) and I could literally see the showers on the radar split in two before heading north and south of me. Seeing the edges of the cloud base move right adjacent to my house had me shaking my fist at the sky.. lol. As for Thursday/Friday we seem to be to far East, as opposed to being to far west. Can't win!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Well.. I'm snowed in.

I just tried getting the car out to pop round to the shop and it moved about 2 inches, the wheels however were moving much faster on the compacted snow/ice underneath. It's only going to get worse tonight so that's a day off of work for me tomorrow, then!

• Like 1