Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, snowbob said:

Thankyou for your sacrifice 

you may have changed the London weather lol

I know, I hope it was worth it ha ha!!  Unbelievable!  And to make it even worse, the office I work at in London Bridge doesn't even have windows to the outside :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
20 minutes ago, 95 Degrees said:

Nice covering of about 2-3cms here in Angmering, I'll definitely take it, considering that 2014-2017 was so abysmal for snow other than one minor snowfall in Feb '15 that melted by lunchtime. With that said, this is definitely no historic cold spell, but still the best in five years, and Yesterday until Friday is certainly still a very cold period.:cold:  

Seems a fair assessment to me - not historic but good for those that have seen some action !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Just got ba back from sledding with the kids absolutely brilliant never in my wildest Dreams did i expect this amount of snow this morning it's snowed for three hours now on sheppey am I being greedy if I wish for more later.  lol:yahoo:

IMG_20180227_084845.jpg

IMG_20180227_103143.jpg

IMG_20180227_103149.jpg

IMG_20180227_092848.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

So pleased, but a bit jealous of you getting all the snow in and around London!

Nothing up here in Milton Keynes, had a couple of brief light showers yesterday and today but none on the ground at the minute.  Long may it continue for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Winds def veered more E/ENE, anyone have an idea of whether more convection will build during the day/overnight? W.Essex/N London/Herts/Bucks/Berkshire all missing out currently!

Posted

I hope that all see some snow tonight. When those really brutal 850s come over the north sea later, we should see a jump up in convection and then hopefully more snow!!! I've got just over 1cm covering here in margate, but better than Ive had in 5 years! Hoping cloud continues to build so the sun doesnt melt what's already there! 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Well, just as the snow arrives and turns heavier in SE25, I have to leave home for work at a snowless and probably sunny Heathrow, so know how you feel :D

I'll wave to you along the M25 as I head from clouding over Surbiton to as you say, probably sunny Heathrow and then Uxbridge. Under the new thread titles, I suppose I should post in the other one while I'm at work? :D

We got a very brief heavy snow shower around 7.30 last night that quickly gave a very light covering, but that was it. Nonsuch Park walking the dog this morning was icy in the wind, and most of the dogs were in little coats (but not snow boots!). Skies are darkening now, so as with a few on the forum, I don't really want to head off to work in case the mother of all Thames Streamers hits! (I know, I know, I can dream can't I.....?).

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chris74 said:

Just got ba back from sledding with the kids absolutely brilliant never in my wildest Dreams did i expect this amount of snow this morning it's snowed for three hours now on sheppey am I being greedy if I wish for more later.  lol:yahoo:

IMG_20180227_084845.jpg

IMG_20180227_103143.jpg

IMG_20180227_103149.jpg

IMG_20180227_092848.jpg

Thats amazing. Enjoy it :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

Sounds like Kent is getting hammered! Awesome! Does anyone know Bexley is getting anything?

Sheppey certainly has snowed really heavy for the last 3 hours lot more than what I thought we were going to get hopefully some more can get in on the action. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow
1 minute ago, Reevesie1 said:

Bexley has joined the party. Zilch to white in 15min. Easing off now but at least we’ve seen some ?

Seriously?! Darn... I'm at work!!

Posted

Amazed how much we've seen in Brighton/Sussex, thanks to the weather gods for paying back some of the snow we were owed after we always seem to miss out? 

Got between 6-8 CMs widely

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
17 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Snow is edging into the London area wind direction becoming more east, looking better for Surrey / SE London / NW Kent and more inland Essex.

Yes. I suggest even Farnham, Surrey, might get some later. A snow lover there is desperately seeking snow.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Very light snow in Reigate has just started

Just driven back from horley (where there is more snow) through a pretty squally shower... sky looks full of snow...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well in 20mins everything gone white and temp dropped from -0.4 to -1.6-incredible drop in such a short space of time.If wind has indeed veered to a ENE the South London and NW Kent and parts of Surrey could be back in the game and hopefully with enough convection these areas could match what Mid Kent,Sussex and S Essex have.Not saying it is going to happen but it is a possibilty.Ramp over :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
2 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Amazed how much we've seen in Brighton/Sussex, thanks to the weather gods for paying back some of the snow we were owed after we always seem to miss out? 

Got between 6-8 CMs widely

exactly, I was always jealous of other areas, finally we are seeing decent snow :)