Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

This beast has about as much bite as a kitten ?

Give it chance, it's still cranking up..:D:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Moderate / heavy snow for the last hour. Been for a walk round the lanes. Perfect day so far! Loving it!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

Am I right in thinking that maybe Greenhithe/Gravesend area was the furthest West along the Thames to have a little covering. I stayed and watched our fall at 2.15-3am last night. Can' believe how just a few miles south and east of here there's like quadruple the amount of snow? My family in Dartford are now moaning at me they have no snow. Was it due to the wind direction being more conducive to a Kent clipper I assume? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Got a nice covering,so im happy,day off as well,and its still snowing,forecast pretty spot on,along with the more knowledgeable people on here,who all said it would be hit and miss,5 miles or so up the road,they've got loads,in the other direction,not a lot,1st half decent snow cover since march 2013,praying the sun doesn't come out,and wishing the showers would appear more on the radar,as it's looking like they're dying out for the time being,are we due more today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Heaviest snow since sunrise now.

Posted
2 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Am I right in thinking that maybe Greenhithe/Gravesend area was the furthest West along the Thames to have a little covering. I stayed and watched our fall at 2.15-3am last night. Can' believe how just a few miles south and east of here there's like quadruple the amount of snow? My family in Dartford are now moaning at me they have no snow. Was it due to the wind direction being more conducive to a Kent clipper I assume? 

The winds trying to change to more of an Easterly at the moment, so they could be in for something later if that carries on.

Posted
4 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Yep had small covering at Greenhithe, wind veered wrong direction for us

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Very heavy snow now; good covering 3-4cm and continuing to build fast. I think some of the schools in this area made a mistake opening today...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
11 minutes ago, Alpine glow said:

You're laughable.

I'm tired of people belittling others just because they post their views on the what the models are showing at that time.   At the end of the day people only comment on what they see.

I'm sure nobody actually wants you to feel sorry for them - it's only the weather, mother nature will do what she will do and any adult should know that.

I fed the troll but the level of idiocy is sometimes overwhelming.

The irony in your post is off the scale. The bbc got their forecast right. 

• Like 2

Posted

About 8 to 9 cm here in Chartham hills near Canterbury. Still building with heavy showers. Can't seem to upload photo as file size too large. Will try later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

The Snow flakes are getting larger as it warms up now 0C. It was -4C. last night . Gritters have done a fine job main road clear.

Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Surrey and London will get a bit of the action tonight I reckon 

the wind is due to change to allow us to join the fun

lets hope we get some 10cm streamers for the whole region

surely the wind will get showers going like last night 

cant see why not

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
7 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

I woke up to a covering where I live just outside of Orpington and have driven to Greenhithe where there is literally nothing! 

Edited by EWS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

V Heavy snow again.

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Measured 18cm in garden though needless to say I was quite excited !