Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Hey!

Good to see you got snow here. But many in the North London and EA thread didn't. There doesn't seem to be a strong knowledgable forecaster in there either. So would someone like @Nick F or @Steve Murr mind coming over and updating. i'd rather know that I'm not getting snow than waiting and waiting and waiting and.........

Thanks

Carry on............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

It's just getting heavier and heavier I hope everybody gets a fair share better than what I imagined:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Clear and sunny in London this morning, no snow overnight. It’s so cold that there are tiny ice crystals floating around! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

This really is my last post for a while!! Speaking of Ian Currie, he mentioned to me the other day, that the County Weather Book series, that he co-wrote with various authors, is now out of print. I'm sure quite a few members, have copies of their, respective counties. I see that you can still get copies, from Amazon. They really are a must read, for weather junkies. I have both the Kent and Surrey, versions. They detail, major weather events over centuries, going way back. for each county, they represent, they also have write-ups on London, in the books, of the counties, adjacent to the capital.   I thoroughly recommend them and no, I'm not on commission, Ian's just a dear friend. See below, for links to Amazon:

Essex: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Essex-Weather-Book-County/dp/187233766X

Kent :https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=ian+currie+kent+weather+book&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Aian+currie+kent+weather+book

Surrey: https://www.amazon.com/Surrey-Weather-Book-Century-Freezes/dp/0951671014

Sussex : https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=ian+currie+sussex+weather+book&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Aian+currie+sussex+weather+book

Ian has also written, a fabulous  book, on Britains' most severe, wintry spells, entitled, Frosts, Freezes and Fairs. It's a must for cold weather, junkies!! Ian does a fantastic, entertaining talk, based on this book. I've seen it twice and it really was a joy to see.

I've invited Ian to come to our over 50s church group meeting, to do that talk, probably, in May. The Amazon link, to that book, below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=ian+currie+frost+fairs+and+freezes&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Aian+currie+frost+fairs+and+freezes

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Definitely more of an ENE tilt to the shower train now. It’s edging closer to me so definitely turning my end of the Estuary 

• Like 1

Posted

My son just sent me this of the A274 Sutton Road in Maidstone. Nice to see my employers are still getting the mail to the delivery offices :sorry:

rmsnow.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Light snow in Hailsham starting up again. About 3 to 4 cms at home. Daughter’s school shut.

Edited by lawrenk
Typo

Posted

I think as the winds shift and start pushing showers inland there may be a period where some showers stall over a location which may lead to a slightly longer period of snow for a location overnight tonight.

Edited by NKentWeatherWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
21 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Very large flakes now, falling thick and fast too!

It’s covering the road here, how are the roads in Hastings, are you in the town? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Nadda....... hoping for some in Epsom when the wind changes direction this afternoon but even then it just looks like more on/off flurries like yesterday, doesn't leave much laying. Let's see what Thurs and Friday brings, milder sure looks to have been shunted to Saturday now x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Light snow in Hailsham starting up again. About 3 to 4 cms at home. Daughter’s school shut.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
5 minutes ago, bluebell said:

It’s covering the road here, how are the roads in Hastings, are you in the town? 

i'm outside of the main town, and higher in elevation.

Posted

This is how it is in shipbourne... 2 inches I guess.. Bit more up on the ridge.. But something at least... Bit of wind would have been nice.. Drifted it about about:):hi:

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

I'm delighted !! I have snow sorry for earlier rant I always jump the gun. Must be my ADHD anyway Herne Bay has joined the party guys ?❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

i'm outside of the main town, and higher in elevation.

My dental appt was at 840 in Battle road, I’ve decided to cancel it’s really bad on the road out here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Standing at Chalkwell station in Southend looking E and SE and can see there’s lots about but had more of a Northerly component so far so I’m watching the clouds pass me to my SE and head to Kent. Can actually see the snow falling on the other side of the Estuary from here. Hoping the wind direction shifts ASAP to send the train our way again and give us a pasting.

36FB8432-19A8-412C-BC6C-800C99BE1115.jpeg

D2D3496C-0EBD-4D7C-96B6-B8FFAD9B7B06.jpeg

Edited by ThamesStreamer
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

I am EXTREMLY happy to report we have laying snow here in Romney Marsh, about 2 inches, kids school shut, and the snow day is commencing! Yippppeeeee.

3 very happy kids,  4 if you include me!

Edited by Snow Slave
  • Like 5