Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Probably 1-2 inches of snow here, can't be bothered to actually measure properly, it's 5am. 

Looks beautiful, the drive to work is going to be an absolute nightmare, though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters. Cool wet summers.

Tonbridge seems to be in the sweet spot for once. It's a white wonderland outside and the showers keep piling in.
Not seen this much snow for a few years.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, kelal said:

Tonbridge seems to be in the sweet spot for once. It's a white wonderland outside and the showers keep piling in.
Not seen this much snow for a few years.

Your having what l had in Maidstone 35-40 mins ago. It's still going here not as heavy but still amazing. Not stopped for at least 2 hours!

Posted
1 hour ago, essexweather said:

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in the South-East. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over the London this morning.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here.

The models been all over the place with the track of the low,look at the track now to where they thought it would be ,it’s miles further South,I wouldn’t trust any forecast ,until about 12hours away

Posted

Surprisingly it’s axtually taking direct hit east of here around faversham/sittingbourne through to east Maidstone. 

Edited by c00ps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Very little to speak of here in Herne bay. This place is the pits. What's so nauseating is for lots of people try couldn't really care less if it snows it just adds something to their conversations for me as I get older it's been something truly special to see the Synoptics creep into reality only to deliver very little for where I live it's sad and that update from Exeter doesn't bode well for the South East for the weekend ... Roll on spring

Posted

Has anyone got a decent radar image of any snow headong ashford to folkestone

We got great snow at 7 last night and nothing much since but met office forecast heavy snow the next few hours

It looks like a streamer is running to north of ashford though not reaxhing us

Maidstone -yes looking at every traffic cam on motorways they look like a big hit! Snow ploughs everywhere!

Posted

looking  nasty  to me later

gfs-2-30.png

gfs-2-54.png

gfs-2-60.png

gfs-2-96.png

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

Screenshot_2018-02-27-05-13-09.thumb.png.f9ca82d00a7d7ab61a8efe275f232982.png

Almost here! I can't sleep! 

It’s painfully slow ,is that real,because not a cloud in the sky 

-4.3 outside :cold:

Posted
2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

It’s painfully slow ,is that real,because not a cloud in the sky 

-4.3 outside :cold:

That is slow. It does look like it's heading right for you. I hope it gets you. A reward for your patience. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
15 minutes ago, Sarah Anne said:

Has anyone got a decent radar image of any snow headong ashford to folkestone

We got great snow at 7 last night and nothing much since but met office forecast heavy snow the next few hours

It looks like a streamer is running to north of ashford though not reaxhing us

Maidstone -yes looking at every traffic cam on motorways they look like a big hit! Snow ploughs everywhere!

For us Ashfordians it was very much a case of so near and yet so far!  Ah well, keep watching. 

Posted
Just now, The Whiteman said:

That is slow. It does look like it's heading right for you. I hope it gets you. A reward for your patience. 

How’s the snow in Maidstone,any pics :)

Posted

Yes here now ,not sure about end of the week,models all over the place ,dreadful performance,can’t cope if weather goes completely against the norm,with a jeststream from the NE lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

I think it might be about to change a little for Ashford.   There has been a gap in the PPN but I think it’s filling in

D9631712-644A-4CFC-934A-F6E87414C6F6.thumb.png.bad90dbe2316a94ec88e374b9af385b5.png71B85B01-3BA2-40DC-98C4-6B92534324BE.thumb.png.e1fd41ab5a02819cd4f98f323716c97a.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Decent amount over Gillingham now. METO amber extended to midday as well means we have 6 more hours possibly.