Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
14 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

don't know about you, Paul, but I can't help but think that we're not quite in the right location this time around . . . 

Wait till later mate...all going to plan :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
51 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Good.. I hope you're better behaved now - naughty girls:p

Never :diablo::girl_devil::air_kiss:

Posted
14 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

don't know about you, Paul, but I can't help but think that we're not quite in the right location this time around . . . 

Am quite liking the ones East of Colchester at the moment, they are on a collision course for us with the direction of the radar, need them to skim Clacton then move through the Crouch Estuary and bam

But this is defo no Thames Streamer Set-Up, I had my concerns when the Amber was issued, looked the wrong shape really wanted it oriented more east to west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Light,very random flakes appearing here (Farnham, Surrey) 

Posted

This is what I posted earlier.

Wait until later....

See below 700hpa vent vert and watch the orange/reds from midnight to midday tomorrow. A tell tale since of things kicking off and probably why a Convergence line is on the latest fax indicating particularly a Thames Streamer.

tempresult_hsj6.gif

Associated snow depths as well

tempresult_jzo7.gif

The above points to an interesting next 24hrs. Anything received in daylight hours today should just be viewed as a bonus. Of course this is only a guide and showed be viewed with caution rather than scrutiny. I am quietly confident most of us will awake to some form of covering by dawn tomorrow, but as always in this setup some more than others.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
11 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

This where I’m hoping that these showers are heading, which will dump on Dorking and the Surrey Hills...Given the subtle changes in wind direction and the warning on the MetO...we might be lucky come 9pm-5am

36D5FCF3-3819-4906-97DB-880BBA9B094A.jpeg

Can I go IMBY too but in a slightly different direction please?  Sadly I think you're more likely to be on the money!

WX.JPG

Posted

Latest guidance is winds from the NE all night with bands moving SW, at times NNE moving SSW.

Convergence zone still happening but slowly being pushed south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
27 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

A day of showers on and off in Dorking and in Kingston during my hospital appointment this afternoon. No snow on my way home but stopped at Denbies vineyard on the way home and the sky was beautiful 

AD34E0B3-553C-40B0-8ED0-DC9976F2C3A4.jpeg

38CC69D8-4574-452E-B2CF-37A08F7257EC.png

love the Denbies shot could be Bordeaux !

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Clear skies here clouds to the south and north of me , temp dropping fast -0.9 and dewpoint -6.5 

5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Am quite liking the ones East of Colchester at the moment, they are on a collision course for us with the direction of the radar, need them to skim Clacton then move through the Crouch Estuary and bam

But this is defo no Thames Streamer Set-Up, I had my concerns when the Amber was issued, looked the wrong shape really wanted it oriented more east to west.

convergence suggest a skimmer !

E640AF14-C552-4BB2-95A5-F060AA57FC17.thumb.png.706586a138e1949253c9b207c25d8ff4.png

Tomorrow looks like thames snow streamer !

DA675C11-CDAD-4095-A95F-9D9921E8FF58.thumb.png.4191515934eda152e2c6e0e95d965566.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Through the crouch estuary sounds fine to me...does look like convection is starting to 'pep' up now.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

light snow shower containing large flakes here.

• Like 1

Posted

Ok someone on here just said its not going to be snowing in their location - ashford

Is this true because i find this unbelievable

Need steve murr to give some clarity for expectations

Steveeeee!!!!!!!

Posted

Convection really cranking now in the Estuary - Pitch black to the east Shoebury must be getting a dumping 

• Like 1

Posted

Now the winds have veered NE, I'm not expecting much in my neck of the woods over night as from what I can make out, the showers will push more SE than where I am (Bexleyheath).  Certainly doesn't bode well for a Thames streamer tonight anyway.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Convection really cranking now in the Estuary - Pitch black to the east Shoebury must be getting a dumping 

Nope nothing here.