Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

The low has to shift east as well, and it simply is not going to do that by the look of things but I admit that ICON does come close. Yes there is still time for this to change but when Met Office changed their update and forecasts it was the kiss of death I'm afraid. Best we can achieve is a mainly snow to rain/freezing rain event(away from the coasts that is), but a stalling front struggling against the very cold air over the UK would be perfectomundo.

Not what I was expecting though, this should have been a clean undercut eastwards surely, but the Low wants to head NW, darn it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

It’s always been a risk, and still might go in our favour. We just want the low to correct south and not pull north and west (as some models are showing). Ideal track through the north of France, which would bring an all snow event as milder uppers will be kept to the south.

I know people will say ‘why look at the weekend when we have all this snow over the next few days’, but for many in the south we might not see a lot of snow from these streamers, so are relying on something decent at the weekend.

exactly, and fingers crossed for more snow from that low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I have to say I am not 'feeling it' for Medway.

I know this about the least scientific reason for calling weather but I just don't see it happening here tonight, it looks wrong to me, I think EA will do well as well as the tip of Kent but I will be shocked if we get anything serious overnight here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Another snow flurry.

Sill not enough to settle though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

I have to say I am not 'feeling it' for Medway.

I know this about the least scientific reason for calling weather but I just don't see it happening here tonight, it looks wrong to me, I think EA will do well as well as the tip of Kent but I will be shocked if we get anything serious overnight here. 

Why is that? what chart if any do you get this doubt from throwoff?

Posted
Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

Why is that? what chart if any do you get this doubt from throwoff?

Not from a chart Kent, just a general feeling in my gut, granted I doubt that the METO or BBC will be on the phone anytime soon to contract my gut feeling to predict the weather, it just doesn't feel right out there for what we are meant to see.

I would be more than happy to be called an idiot tomorrow morning for going with my gut and getting it wrong.

Posted
1 minute ago, throwoff said:

Not from a chart Kent, just a general feeling in my gut, granted I doubt that the METO or BBC will be on the phone anytime soon to contract my gut feeling to predict the weather, it just doesn't feel right out there for what we are meant to see.

I would be more than happy to be called an idiot tomorrow morning for going with my gut and getting it wrong.

Once this sun goes down and the showers start to roll in it'll be fine mate and will settle quick.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Once this sun goes down and the showers start to roll in it'll be fine mate and will settle quick.

As I said mate, I will be more than happy to admit you were right and I'm an idiot tomorrow believe me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

why will the sun going down enhance the showers? there are showers around they just don't. seem to have the oomph like they did in 2009. Then the radar was lots of bright yellow with the odd red bit for really heavy convection that is what seems lacking so far.

Posted
2 minutes ago, throwoff said:

As I said mate, I will be more than happy to admit you were right and I'm an idiot tomorrow believe me!

When you say tonight do you mean till Midnight or can we take into count the early hours :D

Posted
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

why will the sun going down enhance the showers? there are showers around they just don't. seem to have the oomph like they did in 2009. Then the radar was lots of bright yellow with the odd red bit for really heavy convection that is what seems lacking so far.

The sun has helped to thaw anything that we have had fairly quick on the roads here. Nothing to do with enhancing the showers.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
Just now, yamkin said:

Incoming Gravy Snow Train For The SE :cold::yahoo:

image.thumb.png.9c78193b1ef83573bdc0e7066c26d2ab.png

Hello Yamkin - really as I'm not feeling the love at the moment.. any little snippets from the council.

Posted
12 minutes ago, username home said:

imagine if the bbc had forecasted to the extremes that some on here wanted them too..... 

Yes indeed.

Looks like the beeb/metogroup may have been right all along. Which,to be fair,is good to know for the future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

The key is the wind direction we have been getting ENE and scattered showerss sunshine changed to NE now real dark clouds rolling in to Sittingbourne now, and if  you run the radar through  you can see the difference in buildup, keep the faith

Posted
1 minute ago, throwoff said:

We can include the early hours mate!

I can see out across the Thames currently, looking good for some action in an hour or so.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes indeed.

Looks like the beeb/metogroup may have been right all along. Which,to be fair,is good to know for the future.

We can't seriously be agreeing with this can we?

The beeb have been miles out for the entirety of the past 7 days. They are still showing light snow while heavy snow is actually falling across chunks of the East coast?!

Posted

Please correct me if I'm wrong but winds seem to be coming from more of a NEly direction rather than an ENE that was being modelled and forecast.

Surely a Kent streamer has as much chance of setting up than a Thames streamer at the stage?

Edited by snowfall09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Wow, this thread has gone down hill and miserable..... more depressing than a week of wet and windy 'guaranteed' weather which i'm pretty confident you will be happy with next week.

I'm off..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Right. Work done, I can now sit at home and watch the radar.

Quite a few heavy snow showers whilst driving around today, heaviest was 8/10 on the Murr scale. Everything settled but mostly melted once the sun came back out, looking good for our region tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowfall09 said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but winds seem to be coming from more of a NEly direction rather than an ENE that was being modelled and forecast.

Surely a Kent streamer has as much chance of setting up than a Themes streamer at the stage?

Think this was always expected. NE'rly through tomorrow, turning more E'rly then SE'rly Tues-Wed.