Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
48 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Got to admit I am slightly worried about the current MET outlook for Medway, they have been pushing the snow back all day and now looking like not till early hours of the morning. If this turns into a near miss I will be gutted!

And the BBC will have got it bang on. We have only ever been forecast light snow according to BBC and MetO on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Shunter said:

Just looked at 4 different radars for the south east and they are all different. Netweather shows almost total light snow.....we have blue skies and sunshine overhead. 

Accuweather shows a couple of rain Showers ( yes Rain )

weather Radar looks about right, but shows rain shower over St Albans atm.

Rain today ......looks a mess and crashes when you zoom in. 

Who to believe?

Met office seem to have been the most accurate to date. If only their 3-5 day forecast matched their now casting.

Temp 1.1c. DP -5.2c 

Trust my loft hatch :D

Heavy shower just passed through here, looking east, I see nothing for this location for the next hour. Clearly been a band of more organised shower activity just to the north/north east of here all day, which is why I keep hearing of snow in Croydon, SE London etc. Been zero shift in that track since 6am this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days

to be honest this cold is not what I was expecting, yes it's enough for snow but I thought it will be unbarebly cold. MetO was saying that exteremly unusual cold from Russia. Anyway, I am not complaining, at least we have cold for snow :)

but this on and off snow showers are not enough, I mean this was the thing I was trying to say two days ago and some people called me troll, trying to confuse people. Of course not, I love snow so much. Guys I think we need to wait for that low from France Thursday evening, it will give us proper snow showers that don't stop and start but always continues. However the bad thing is that that low is also carrying milder air with it so very late Thursday ight and Friday all those showers will be rain most probably.

Hopefully I am wrong and this will change, but Aidan McGavern said this is low probability.

Let's see.

Edited by turkishfella

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

And the BBC will have got it bang on. We have only ever been forecast light snow according to BBC and MetO on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

METo are right now saying heavy through most of the night and have been for some time. I am inclined to believe it is in the offing but have been let down too many times in recent years.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Had 4 or 5 short snow squalls here today. Mostly all melted now in the sun, still some lying on frozen ground in the shade. Perspective needed.....nice to see but not a beast. Not even a snowball let alone a snowman.

Cmon UK, you can do better than this !!

Posted

Its been on and off like this all morning. Still dark clouds to the north so more incoming I guess. Roll on later :-)

I'm glad I put in CCTV in as I don't even need to get off the sofa now to look for that single snowflake....lol

28293033_161558627831440_333758906390020096_n.mp4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Looks like another shower possibly  incoming.

Regardless of snow amounts, the clouds have looked beautiful today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Hello everyone. Just walked through the door so not had time to read any of the posts yet. Stocked up on the tomato soup and part baked rolls. Plenty of meat and veg for the slow cooker. Bit of a browse over lakeside, and im ready for the lock in! But hold on! Have i missed something? Sunny, not overly cold, and not a settled spot of snow in sight in sunny grays thurrock! Whats happened? Someone tell me it is coming. Ive had £20 riding on this since 7th february. And promised the youngest that school will be shut! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

This is in no way scientific but my OH who works outside and has done for nearly 30 years says this weather we are currently having is a worry. He believes Thursday onwards will be the worst and intense. 

He sent me shopping for next week' food today. He never usually does that.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Snow Slave said:

Streamers to the north of me, streamer to the south... really hard not to feel kinda bitter about it tbh.

That is, of course, assuming that the very narrow convergence zone as modelled is indeed that narrow

If you look at the areal spread of the showers already today vs what was modelled by the EURO4 even yesterday, it will be interesting to see if the streamer tonight is actually a little wider than currently modelled

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
8 minutes ago, snowsummer said:

Hello everyone. Just walked through the door so not had time to read any of the posts yet. Stocked up on the tomato soup and part baked rolls. Plenty of meat and veg for the slow cooker. Bit of a browse over lakeside, and im ready for the lock in! But hold on! Have i missed something? Sunny, not overly cold, and not a settled spot of snow in sight in sunny grays thurrock! Whats happened? Someone tell me it is coming. Ive had £20 riding on this since 7th february. And promised the youngest that school will be shut! 

Hello SnowSummer, it has been rather strange in South Ockendon with 3 or 4 light to moderate snowfalls where the sun came out and melts it.  I think the bigger falls will come here later on in the week.

Posted

I'd personally prefer the showers to stay away until after dark and the good stuff gets going. Right now its just melting and making everything wet, which'll just make things really nasty tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Could set the showers by my watch seems every 30 mins we get a 5 min shower then it stops Sun comes out and repeat.  Lovely to watch it feels so hot in this house I just hovered upstairs in my undies as I'm sweating doing housework plus heating cranked up! I don' think it' that cold at all I walked back from hairdressers couple hours ago didn' even need my hat on.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, c00ps said:

I'd personally prefer the showers to stay away until after dark and the good stuff gets going. Right now its just melting and making everything wet, which'll just make things really nasty tonight

The air is dry it dries out very quickly no issue. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The air is dry it dries out very quickly no issue. 

It's been wet all day here, especially after the last shower. Hope you're right. Not nice having ice under snow