Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Read the Met Office update for our area...looks like overnight tonight is good for Kent.

I hope you are right I will be sulking haha 

As I say that we have a few flakes 

• Like 1

Posted

London & South East England

Headline:

Very cold with snow showers and significant wind chill.

Today:

Scattered snow showers in eastern parts will spread westwards through the day, becoming more persistent with some accumulations possible in places. These will be interspersed with some sunny intervals. Feeling very cold with a brisk and bitter easterly breeze. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Tonight:

Showers will continue in places overnight, especially in Kent and Sussex where they will become persistent and heavy with significant accumulations likely. Very cold with a widespread severe frost forming. Minimum temperature -6 °C.

Tuesday:

Further snow showers through the day, locally persistent in Kent and Sussex. Some bright or sunny intervals are likely, but feeling bitterly cold in the increasing easterly breeze. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Bitterly cold, increasingly windy, with penetrating night frosts. Snow showers continuing, giving some significant accumulations and drifting. Showers briefly easing Thursday before potentially prolonged snowfall later and overnight into Friday.

Updated: 01:58 on Mon 26 Feb 2018 GMT

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Nice to lie awake, fretting about wind flow alignment, rather than, an impending brain scan!!:)

A quick glance through the curtains, detected no whiteness, but looking at the radar, pretty sure we would have had a recent flurry, here in Lee, London, SE12. As I stated in my post, last night, thought there was a shade too much north, in the flow, for a true Thames Streamer and it looks as if we havnt't attained an ENE flow, yet!

archives-2009-2-2-0-1.png

Wish I could find the FAX chart, that the Met drew up at the the time of this T/S event. Perfectly aligned, ENE/WSW trough, along the Thames and they nailed it spot on!! The chart above , is the nearest I could find and clearly shows, the ENE flow. If memory serves, their forecast for the rest of that week, quickly went awry!! A couple of days later, snow was forecast for the S.E but turned up in the S.W .A couple of days after, the reverse happened and unexpected snow, turned up in our region, especially to the north of S.E.England. I think I remember TEITS ( Dave ), had a good dumping, in Peterborough. It's good to know, my long term memory, is returning! Coincidentally, the days of the week, are the same as that year. T/S event, was Sun. into Mon. morn, quickly followed by a spell of snow, that moved up from France, which turned a bit marginal, come, late afternoon. But will still managed, nigh on 6 inches, here in Lee.

Promised to take my wife over to Beckenham today but she doesn't want me to go out, if it's slippery underfoot, because of my compromised balance, due to my C.V.A., in 2015. She's got her heart set on a couple of wicker storage baskets, to fit under our coffee table. Went to the large Sainsburys in Sydenham yesterday but they were out of stock. A very helpful sales assistant, located some in their branch, at Beckenham, which is 2 short bus rides away, from here in Lee. I really want to do this for her today, as she has been brilliant towards me, after my illness. When Colette's not working, she likes to take me for a walk/some exercise, once a day, if not, I start going "stir crazy"!! If we go for a walk, we have to take my "pooper scooper", with us.:D That is a joke, btw!! Although, I am getting old now, I havn't been caught short, yet!!:nonono:

So come on Broomleigh ( Bromleys' old name, named after the vast quantities of the "Broom" shrub, that still grows on its common land ), do your worst and give us, a Thames Streamer but perhaps wait, until the wife and I return home, from Beckenham.

Now I better get off the forum, before I get admonished again, for a noisy, clicking keyboard. Only joking, sweetheart!!:D

Hope a lot of you see some snowfall today. Enjoy!!

Here endeth, another "War and Peace" post.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

• Like 9

Posted
11 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

I think it can help Ellozee, in the same way it does in the summer when the heat of the sun aids convection and storms.

Thanks, I was hoping it might although with the nature of showers they are hit and miss. Cloud tops are pink now so I'll let the sun go to work. Window watching for the next 2 hours ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

A few flakes here now in Tunbridge Wells.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Nothing here in TW yet, but oh my goodness it’s cold! Can see dark clouds and some precipitation in the distance to the north. Come on snow..... kids are going to be gutted when I wake them up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer
Just now, kate1 said:

A few flakes here now in Tunbridge Wells.....

Ooh where are you? I’m speldhurst/Langton and nothing yet! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Wife just reported, a few flakes, here in Lee.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Few flakes in the air here at the moment.

Posted
1 minute ago, Ellozee said:

Snow shield holding steady, defence at 81% here in Deal.

We can do it! Dover and Deal are getting closer 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
8 minutes ago, smarklew said:

We are at the top of Grove Hill.  And after the flurry of excitement there is now nothing - it's going to take a while to get going properly.

Edited by kate1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Nothing to report from Epsom Surrey.... Meto seems quite strong for Kent and Sussex so wondering if I'll end up seeing much?!x 

Posted
1 minute ago, weathergeek said:

Nothing to report from Epsom Surrey.... Meto seems quite strong for Kent and Sussex so wondering if I'll end up seeing much?!x 

You would be in the firing line for a Thames streamer... 

0987F891-F48C-4064-9977-E143B5F2E139.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
3 minutes ago, smarklew said:

Yeah same area... Nowt yet but its building clouds 

Posted

Yeah, looking at the radar, showers do seem to be forming or appearing just off the coast from here (Deal), the line is slowly edging south meaning more of SE Kent should be in play later.. unless of course that is just the swinging of the prevailing winds.

Edited by Ellozee
added location