Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Gazza said:

Hi all. Another long term lurker here from East Kent. Enjoying the buzz and anticipation this evening. Only downside to this upcoming spell being that it begins on a Monday and not at wk-end when the kids could make the most of it.

temp 1c - dp -5

don't worry - all the little monkeys can enjoy it later in the week when the schools shut down once a centimeter of snow has brought the country to its knees . . .

Edited by Speedbird
  • Like 2

Posted

Will miss some of the contributions from the slightly more northern folk, especially now flurries are being reported in EA.

Clouding over here. Going forward, Would be nice for all of us using phones/some tablets if we could put our locations at the end of our posts. 

Optimistic for a dusting here tonight but wouldn't be surprised either way as the main action starts tomorrow afternoon. 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The AROME (sounds like a French perfume?) model is probably the most high res freely available and shows the Thames Streamer kicking off in earnest Tuesday morning (as far as it goes out) 

preciprate_040.thumb.jpg.4358edd1499915ac85ccde7318d163d3.jpg

ARPEGE another good model similar

overview_040.thumb.jpg.bcec9b59d87f025fd7c1e7791350a37e.jpg

Tomorrow looks like a case of increasing mostly light snow showers giving a dusting or light covering in places, fun really begins tomorrow night / through Tuesday IMO.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

North London can see very different weather in these scenarios compared to south London. Take the red warning in Feb 2009 as a classic example.

Seems logical to me

england-counties.thumb.gif.c7a0b01a418331b80151058c91167dd1.gif

And why is all of 'Home Counties' still included in this thread then? Aren't many of those Home Counties north of the river. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

-0.6 and dewpoint -5.6 Just been outside for a smoke , it’s clouding over here .Do I stay up or get in my bed ?? 

Posted
Just now, Hellboy said:

Will miss some of the contributions from the slightly more northern folk, especially now flurries are being reported in EA.

Clouding over here. Going forward, Would be nice for all of us using phones/some tablets if we could put our locations at the end of our posts. 

Optimistic for a dusting here tonight but wouldn't be surprised either way as the main action starts tomorrow afternoon. 

I’m in Wainscott currently 0.7 temp seems to be going up?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Eh? What's happened? Just refreshed this page that I always keep open on my phone and now not sure if I'm in the right place! I'm in east sussex, 8 miles south of tunbridge wells....can someone tell me if I belong here please??

Dark cloud you are in the right tread I’m not far from you down the road 

• Thanks 1

Evening good peeps hope you all had a great Sunday hope I am in the right thread here lol ?I am in Walthamstow N/E London. Cloud has come over here as well bit of a makerel type.

I work in Milton Keynes so will be traveling out and coming back in the evening. I know we are expecting showers tomorrow but is there a greater risk of heavier falls tomorrow evening. I know I was at Barking station today and the announcement did say journeys maybe disrupted tomorrow evening after 9pm due to incoming adverse weather conditions. 

I really hope we get at least a good covering out of this cold spell fingers crossed. 

Wishing you all a lovely evening

kind regards ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Haven't breathed cold air that dry in many years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Phew was starting to panic seriously willing people to get off the site and go to bed to free it up lol

• Like 2

Posted
48 minutes ago, Memphis snow said:

I’m in Wainscott currently 0.7 temp seems to be going up?

I wouldn't worry too much. The lower 850's are incoming. In any case even of there was precip around it would fall as snow and settle given the DP's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
1 hour ago, SF-02 said:

That's just SE trains covering their backsides though more than a forecast.

In the past they've adopted a heavily reduced timetable when the chance of snow was about 20% by every model. Didn't arive and they still ran the skeleton service.

Clearly the chances are higher now but I wouldn't trust an SE guidance for love nor money. Could come at 3pm or 9pm they put up rubbish anyway

Totally agree, I wasn't suggesting it was a forecast - more an excuse to down tools at the suggestion of a snowflake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Wow.....had to have a glass of wine to help with the anxiety of the site going down!!  

• Like 1

Posted

Is that a shower or a dirty mark on my screen ???? 

IMG_3763.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Dew point dropping again -5.1 after slight rise couple hours ago temp has a feel like of -5 and it actually says uncomfortably cold beside it lol wind 11mph NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
5 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Phew was starting to panic seriously willing people to get off the site and go to bed to free it up lol

haha - you won't get rid of us that easily !