Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
3 minutes ago, essexweather said:

The latest run of the UKV is very uninspiring out until 9AM on Tuesday. Yes there are snow showers around but no streamers or banding going on.

I think this is the first time I have seen the new 'powder snow' colouring being shown :D

Turquoise is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

Hey guys and gals, thought i would say hi(im a lurker not a poster) really appreciate the very knowledgeable posts from you all.

Looking foward to getting the Murr scale out soon, fingers crossed and good luck eveyone!

• Like 4

Posted

We know it’s all going to be snow and powdery makes a refreshing change in lowland south east London will soak this up best I’ve been used too is wet snow, for for the last five years. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I have a drive from Guildford to central London for 9am tomo, followed by a job in hackney downs at 10:30 til the end of the day.

I’m a little concerned about disruption for the way home...

Posted

Still -0.4c with a DP of -6c in Hawkinge

Some thin high cloud here now too. The moon had a halo,last time I looked and you could only see a couple of the brightest stars. And the wind has dropped a bit at last!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
2 minutes ago, london-snow said:

All these temps and dps are useless unless ❄️ Is due to arrive.

Yes your right , but I was asking out of interest to see what the differences from around the region were , I was being curious !! Fingers crossed for the snow ?

• Like 2

Evening all! So I haven’t read anything over the weekend as not had great reception. I came back to try and catch up and I have no idea what’s happening ? apparently it’s all over and we aren’t having Armageddon, then we are, then the forum has split ? I’m lost! Are we on track for the greatest winter/cold/snow or not. I’m  I can’t catch up with so many pages, any chance someone could tell me are we upgraded downgraded or no idea? I would be really gratefully :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Ok, I’ve set my alarm for 05:30 in the morning. Tomorrow I’ll probably do an all night lamp post watch, with some bovril at the ready. Good luck everyone, and let the fun and games start!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Its normal, it happens every time we have a big cold spell (so about once every 10 years!)

Hence why i haven’t seen it ! At least we know we are in for a treat, showers cropping up slightly further south no just NE of wash, runs in line with METO forecast vid this evening, with flurry’s kissing east anglia by 10/11 pm!

Posted
25 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

All these members from Essex stop cheating your Anglian and north of London:rofl::nonono:

I think a more accurate division would be north or south of the River Blackwater. ????

Edited by crazy_diamond

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Just hit the freezing mark on Worthing pier 

edit: posted in wrong forum lol 

Edited by tomp456

Posted

Not much on the radar still really, clearly some instability wayup north but things are being kept in check in the North Sea, so the AROME model is probably being too agressive as are several early forming models. Lets see where we stand by 02z (not that I'll be awake!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
2 minutes ago, madmunch said:

Evening all! So I haven’t read anything over the weekend as not had great reception. I came back to try and catch up and I have no idea what’s happening ? apparently it’s all over and we aren’t having Armageddon, then we are, then the forum has split ? I’m lost! Are we on track for the greatest winter/cold/snow or not. I’m  I can’t catch up with so many pages, any chance someone could tell me are we upgraded downgraded or no idea? I would be really gratefully :) 

Everywhere in our region will most likely see snow this week, how much and when TBC by Mother Nature ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Still -0.4c with a DP of -6c in Hawkinge

Some thin high cloud here now too. The moon had a halo,last time I looked and you could only see a couple of the brightest stars. And the wind has dropped a bit at last!

Yup, it's a pretty night out there. Bone dry and fresh with that gorgeous half moon. Almost a mackerel sky with that high, thin cloud sheet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
10 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Hi! The easterly winds have made it seem as if the planes have been taking off from outside my house. Luckily easterlies aren’t prevailing so it doesn’t happen too often. We often see snow up on Box, Holmbury and Leith Hills and Dorking certainly has it’s own microclimate. Not sure if that will be a good or bad thing this week. 

We get our own microclimate here too. Been here 6 years and only had snow in 2012/13 winter. Previously I was in Epsom and the last snow there was 2010 and over a foot high.

I am moving the East Midlands in a couple of months so hoping we get a good blast here before we leave.

Edited by Storme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Just to let Southeastern commuters know that they are recommending people try to complete their homeward journeys by 6PM tomorrow night as heavy snow is forecast from around that time.....