Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

UK Radar just starting to show shower activity developing off Tyne & Wear in the last 15 minutes. Expect to see the same further South down to the Channel as we move through to midnight/Early hours.  

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Just now, chionomaniac said:

Is the Thames to your North or South? I suspect North so the more northern thread but you are welcome to post in here too!

Bloody hell ur asking a woman for directions :pardon: I don’t know I’m in a town called Uxbridge west London I got some chocolate river near but not sure what side I am of it 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Prospect of heavy snowfall or a summer evening thunder storm, any extreme!
1 hour ago, fatyido said:

I just wish I share your optimism ?

Don’t understand why you wouldn’t? Coldest T850 temps for sevral years lots of instability, strong flow over a warmer than average North Sea. There will be plenty of snow showers starting to push inland later tomorrow, Tuesday and early Wednesday at the least.

Edited by CI Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I have added county tags to the thread to help guide people

I think you need to include S.essex as well, because weather wise they are going to be a far closer match to the SE than to EA due to the Thames influence on this occasion.

Worth noting that the ECM are still broadly suggestive of a snow spell some point Thurs-Fri though each run is subtly different in terms of evolution so there is still no real solid agreement beyond the general idea. 

Put it this way, some runs are 15-25cms, some are giving 5-10cms, and some are giving a nice bout of heavy rain!

• Like 1

Posted

I think this region splitting is silly.

Splitting north and south London etc. Daft !

I have no thread and I’m homeless as it would be very quiet with just me talking to myself !

Rebel against this diktat !  This is officialdom gone mad !

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
4 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Before I depart for the much more snowless Herts thread, has anyone posted the convergence streamer troughs on the latest faxes? 

Yes. CS And they look great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
21 minutes ago, Lazarus42 said:

One of the main reasons I cancelled my TV licence.

Love the storm glass pics! Have been looking for a good one. Can anyone name the one shown? Such a cool piece of forecasting history...

Mine was a Christmas present my daughter got it off a Facebook link so I can't help you. Tbh I thoight it wasn't working but I took pic couple days ago just to compare.

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

I think this region splitting is silly.

Splitting north and south London etc. Daft !

I have no thread and I’m homeless as it would be very quiet with just me talking to myself !

Agreed I don’t get it. If it ain’t broke...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Snowflake Queen said:

Bloody hell ur asking a woman for directions :pardon: I don’t know I’m in a town called Uxbridge west London I got some chocolate river near but not sure what side I am of it 

You're North of the Thames, so you're in the other thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Splitting the thread has really shown how poorly Geography was taught in schools :rofl:

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, c00ps said:

Agreed I don’t get it. If it ain’t broke...

Looks like NW hired Theresa May’s campaign team! :D How to annoy a bunch of coldies with unnecessary changes and likely to dilute the fun.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Splitting the thread has really shown how poorly Geography was taught in schools :rofl:

is norfolk south of the thames too? :cc_confused::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Splitting the thread has been done for practical reasons so that everyone can keep up and the dividing line has to be somewhere and the Thames is a natural choice. No one is stopping you post into either thread

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
Just now, Delka said:

is norfolk south of the thames too? :cc_confused::D

No but I think Ipswich is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Omg help me where's my canvey people southend people? do i need to jump off this sleigh?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I don’t want to be lost anymore ? plus I might be stuck with to many ppl who don’t like my style of weather forecasting ??

Stay here! 

I love that it's busy because of the snow excitement but I don't like when we have to split the threads...you miss out on some of the banter I think. 

Posted

Hi, I’ve been lurking for a week or two but thought I would join the fun. Hardly anyone I know has any interest in weather (the girls at work laughed at me on Friday when I mentioned something about the upcoming cold snap!). Bit worried as I have a flight on Friday which was initially booked to take me to some snow having been so starved! Oh the irony. 

It is clouding over in 5FB416C4-5D61-4FF2-8D39-84BA390B628D.thumb.jpeg.b2a58b34a602ff1a2be04942a2c2a431.jpegDorking - the clouds are amazing, like ripples in sea water - picture does not really do it justice. Wind obviously biting. 

Posted
Just now, lottiekent said:

Stay here! 

I love that it's busy because of the snow excitement but I don't like when we have to split the threads...you miss out on some of the banter I think. 

Hi btw, sorry that I didn't say hi before!!!! Tom said he saw you the other day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
8 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

You crack me up!I am a lazy wotsit and rely on others for map reading when I’m walking in the mountains, (yes not safe I know!) which way is north again, my compass has broken again....?!! ???

is it snowing yet, don’t need to have a sense of direction for that one, other which way is up!! 

Edited by bluebell