Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

ah nice one - i'm top end of Fairfield Road to be precise

Yay, I used to live off Whitehouse

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Yeah I’m in Eastwood, just off of Rayleigh road so not far at all! Be great to watch the showers incoming from the estuary from tomorrow ??

My sister lives in Eastwood Road, have probably driven near you!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, seb said:

Yes and the link earlier was +24 hours, e.g. precip showing in orange.

yes, i corrected the link

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Essex Chelle said:

Yeah I went in my kitchen with no loght on and the moon is so bright. I am down the point end of the island been here nearly 2 years my boy goes to school off the island so I doubt I will risk it tomorrow as it is I have to go work 4pm over burnt mills area.

I know see the cold brings many beauty’s, I love just a short walk from the oysterfleet, yes going to be v interesting I think. Don’t think kids will be at school some days this week, probably Tuesday/ Wednesday, due to ice aswell as snow ? Tommorow evening looks the worst but a nice covering to wake up to possibly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
4 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Yeah I’m in Eastwood, just off of Rayleigh road so not far at all! Be great to watch the showers incoming from the estuary from tomorrow ??

So you moved from Bas too? I moved to Canvey love it here right by the sea! People slate it but it' best thing we did got more for our money with lovely view of Hadleigh castle from end of my road.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, londonblizzard said:

For those not up to date, the ECM is essentially an upgrade for the Thursday night/ Friday blizzard event for our area. While the low pressure does take a pretty unusual path and hasn't really shifted south as such, it seems it's struggling to bring in proper mild uppers (no higher than -2° is shown). While some are quick to label this as a snow-to-rain event, from what I can make out even with -2/-3 uppers we can still get an all-snow event with this frontal precip due to the very low surface temps. 
The ECM then goes on for a cold re-load next week. 

For those of us in North East London - what are our chances for Snow prior to this Thursday night/Friday possible snow event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Very very interesting regarding these precipitation charts, I have viewed a few today that show rain at times, just shows the flaw in them.

Anyway, I am going to call this a squall line on Tuesday.

nmm-42-49-0.png?25-18

EDIT: I shouldn`t post this but just to give an example of dew points to my comment above.

18022706_2512.gif

Edited by Stuie W
  • Like 1

Posted

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

We probably all walk down the Aisles of Lidl near Progress Road stocking up on our 50 pints of Milk not knowing we are all weather nerds - Hahahaha

? Ah that was you with the milk, 10 loafs of bread and a trolly full of salt! 

Posted
1 minute ago, crazy_diamond said:

Yay, I used to live off Whitehouse

as you know, that's just aound the corner :)

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure about any major surprises regarding the shower activity in the next few days - GFS has picked out most of the features already I reckon. Bound to be some that are disappointed. 

My money is on lincs northwards in the best zone for big time snow accumulations from shower activity. The wind veering too SE’ly from Tuesday onwards doesn’t help our cause. We’ll see! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol I am 5 roads to your west opposite the Bellhouse

I use to live in Nobles Green Rd and my parents live in Eastwood Park Drive, haha

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Good news tonight for those outside of the favoured areas. Let's hope we can hold on to the colder air. 

I'm keeping a close eye on the potential blizzard. Everyone is still in the game for heavy snow. 

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Norfolk and Suffolk better get something out of this otherwise I am going to have a serious amount of egg all over my face :nonono:

Indeed, I'm concerned of the north and south split around Norfolk, our snow shield could be working well! Temp is up and down by 1c tonight. Was -0.5c then -1.8c and now back up to just under freezing. Weird.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Not sure about any major surprises regarding the shower activity in the next few days - GFS has picked out most of the features already I reckon. Bound to be some that are disappointed. 

My money is on lincs northwards in the best zone for big time snow accumulations from shower activity. The wind veering too SE’ly from Tuesday onwards doesn’t help our cause. We’ll see! 

It’s been said so many times - the models won’t pick out a lot of the showers.

Posted

When will the Met Office radar start picking up the shower activity coming out of the Netherlands??

This is killing me...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol I am 5 roads to your west opposite the Bellhouse

great - we'll have to have a pre-Xmas meet at the Bellhouse in 10 month time :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, James Oliver said:

When will the Met Office radar start picking up the shower activity coming out of the Netherlands??

This is killing me...

Its close, I would say 45 minutes before they  start appearing on the east edge of the met office radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

To all folks in here, you have to remember this is going to be hit or miss with showers or heavier pulses. Thinking you are going to get detailed information out of this thread, sorry not going to happen.

What you do have to keep in mind is the cold, by Wednesday it is literally going to be baltic. Not sure peeps understand how cold it is going to be.

I`m crossing my fingers like the rest of you though regarding snow.

• Like 2