Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
9 minutes ago, colonelks said:

I’m sitting outside having a fire, something so thearputic about being outside in the cold warmed by a fire!!

9121DF8B-B0F4-4246-A9F0-F5F2B0A53E74.jpeg

Me and the kids too! Just put a bag of coal on our garden burner.

• Like 2

Posted

It concerns me the large variation with the BBC forecasts, they broadcast to the public and people follow them like they are gospel. The met office who used to supply the forecast data is showing quite a lot of snow here whilst BBC aren’t showing much. If Met Office have got this right then how can the BBC be trusted to inform the public whilst continuing with MeteoGroup?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
5 minutes ago, Snowman31 said:

Are there any good radars for tracking the showers in the North Sea currently?

Try this one:

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/snow

plenty others are available I'm sure

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowman31 said:

Are there any good radars for tracking the showers in the North Sea currently?

Look at Rain Today http://www.raintoday.co.uk 

I miss the old Met Office radar :-( 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

BOOM! 

:bomb:

7DD43972-AAE5-433E-97BD-175607E37415.thumb.jpeg.8164ac71c250d8572c4655ea2e0c8ed4.jpeg

And that’s likely falling on top of nearly 48 hours of on off snowfall....

Posted
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Just watched the SE weather, rain from Saturday on wards with temps at 10c by Sunday:cc_confused:

Then stop watching the bbc forecasts they are awful,change all the time ,said blizzards yesterday .

and last week remember the forecast for this week Biting cold but DRY:rofl::gathering:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Can’t believe the cold still hasn’t reached us yet. It’s so so cold out there already. :cold:

• Like 2

Posted

An impressive drop of about 1c per hour since 3:30.. now time to firm up the ground so no muddy smears on the snowman..

should drop another couple more at this pace then drift down to around and -4 in time for those early morning flurries... the perfect recipe...

335FE26C-8DA9-45B2-89D6-0A1462EBAE4A.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Upgrades short term for snow for sure, some great looking fax charts 

Just checked the latest fax charts. They’re only good for the far south east of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 minutes ago, Rob said:

It concerns me the large variation with the BBC forecasts, they broadcast to the public and people follow them like they are gospel. The met office who used to supply the forecast data is showing quite a lot of snow here whilst BBC aren’t showing much. If Met Office have got this right then how can the BBC be trusted to inform the public whilst continuing with MeteoGroup?

I don’t think their forecasts have been updated since 8am this morning. 

Edited by shotski

Posted

Some of the higher resolution models are more and more jumping on the idea of a WSW travelling streamer developing over the usual places flowing through Surrey and maybe Hampshire. Still no certainty on this one as some of the other models aren't so keen but well worth keeping an eye on. If it does develop an amber warning will probably be needed for tomorrow AM.

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely bewildered by the recent BBC Weather forecast, like many others here. What info are they/meteogroup looking at? Barely even a mention for SE England. 

Edited by Hellboy

Posted

As Kold as mentioned, most of the region now under -5c uppers, not expecting -10c to -15c until past midnight, this should then start the convection showers off from the North Sea with the instability, I’m going for 3am ish, hopefully we all wake up to the showers kicking off ?

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk - Is another radar, but nowcast radars cost money to view.

The first tiny showers are some miles off Aberdeen.......some small snow showers have left the Nederlands and are tracking this way. Interesting to see them bulk up a bit. 

What factors determine that in these set ups?

Posted
1 minute ago, Hellboy said:

Absolutely bewildered by the recent BBC Wearer forecast, like many others here. What info are they/meteogroup looking at? Barely even a mention for SE England. 

Like I said earlier. This doesn't sit right with me. I hope this doesn't go tits up!

Posted
1 minute ago, Hellboy said:

Absolutely bewildered by the recent BBC Wearer forecast, like many others here. What info are they/meteogroup looking at? Barely even a mention for SE England. 

I understand they use a blend of all model data (which we have access to), so their forecasts jump about as a result. The Met Office use GLOSEA and MOGREPS, so tend to be more accurate and consistent.