Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

I couldn't tell from the BBC forecast this lunchtime whether the snow forecast is going to turn to rain and when due the word PLYMOUTH covering most of south dorset.  I wish they'd sort there graphics out, it's also difficult to distinguish between cloud and snow

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matty-H said:

You’re looking at raw data. Pointless. 

I don't care if you think it's pointless. What POINT is there in having an app in the first place? The MetO app didn't show this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, microclimate said:

I couldn't tell from the BBC forecast this lunchtime whether the snow forecast is going to turn to rain and when due the word PLYMOUTH covering most of south dorset.  I wish they'd sort there graphics out, it's also difficult to distinguish between cloud and snow

I bet people on the IOW don’t bother watching it as you’d think it doesn’t exist on there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I don't care if you think it's pointless. What POINT is there in having an app in the first place? The MetO app didn't show this.

I don’t think anything. I’m telling you if you read raw data computer generated app forecasts as gospel then you are always going to be expecting weather that doesn’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s supposed to be sunny here right now, according to apps!! Buts it’s snowing!!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And they all use different models for their raw data. It’s that simple. Pointless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matty-H said:

I don’t think anything. I’m telling you if you read raw data computer generated app forecasts as gospel then you are always going to be expecting weather that doesn’t happen. 

I don't take it as gospel. But i'm telling you that the BBC app is the worst when comparing the MetO's one with it. 24 hours of hailstones compared to sunny spells from the MetO - I know which one I would rather stick to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit of light snow here in Winterborne Kingston, much to my daughters excitement. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few flakes here in East Hampshire so far but according to the NW radar extra we are in for a few more. The showers seem to pep up when the sun comes out. I'd be happy to see a little bit of settling snow today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tweets.. Ive just taken a goosy gander at the South East thread... don’t be cross with me. Only as I may have meetings in the town this week.. :fool:

A8BC1F8C-05AF-46A5-93A6-8DA6F1C9C4F8.jpeg

EE8272C3-BED8-48BB-AA32-2A36D213E142.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matty-H said:

And they all use different models for their raw data. It’s that simple. Pointless 

Funny that, just a few minutes ago you said this: Important to remember that they do still use all models

Cherna-facepalm.gif

*added to the ignore list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Interesting tweets.. Ive just taken a goosy gander at the South East thread... don’t be cross with me. Only as I may have meetings in the town this week.. :fool:

A8BC1F8C-05AF-46A5-93A6-8DA6F1C9C4F8.jpeg

EE8272C3-BED8-48BB-AA32-2A36D213E142.png

That would be @Daniel* who tweeted that. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Funny that, just a few minutes ago you said this: Important to remember that they do still use all models

Cherna-facepalm.gif

*added to the ignore list 

Not too smart are you. That’s the BBC tv forecasts. DOH!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matty-H said:

I don’t think anything. I’m telling you if you read raw data computer generated app forecasts as gospel then you are always going to be expecting weather that doesn’t happen. 

Well, this is where our hunger for instant answers, instant everything in our civilization comes unstuck. We have an app that is supposed to inform us of weather type for our vicinity. Its products are't guaranteed accurate and there is no disclaimer, so I understand the point about raw data. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sc layer has been much thicker today and with the wind gusting to 35kts cold and gloomy.with temp 2C

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ninja: Ok guys, this isn’t a who’s correct competition! Play friendly 

if we get a covering of snow, hopefully that’ll cheer everyone up ?

stopped snowing here now, hoping for more action tonight! :)

 

 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is getting a tad depressing.... everything is looking good as it stands. If you didn't know any better, you'd have no idea there was a good chance of persistent, heavy snow in 3 days time. 

We're gonna get buried and that's that. :wink:


 

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, karlos1983 said:

:ninja: Ok guys, this isn’t a who’s correct competition! Play friendly 

stopped snowing here now, hoping for more action tonight! :)

 

If I have a penny for every time someone who uses those apps argues with me black and blue that I am wrong when I give a little forecast, I'd be rich. They look at their phones, look at me like I'm mad and say things like , nope, I get 'white cloud' this afternoon. My umbrella comes out and I'm the only one who stays dry. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone cannot understand that the BBC forecasts are worse than the Met Office', then that's not my problem. We have a whole thread dedicated to how crap they've become: 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

:ninja: Ok guys, this isn’t a who’s correct competition! Play friendly 

stopped snowing here now, hoping for more action tonight! :)

 

I've had no snow action as yet. :cray:

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before anyone starts getting on their high horses about whether or not to pay attention to weather apps or not.. go back and read my posts. It was about how poor the BBC have been since changing weather data providers. Enough said.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying the weather today, it's amusing me. Bright sunshine & warmth one minute, overcast and dandruff-like snowflakes the next. No, it's not a blizzard, nor is it settling, but there are flakes and that will do for me for now. Anything more is a bonus :yahoo:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Before anyone starts getting on their high horses about whether or not to pay attention to weather apps or not.. go back and read my posts. It was about how poor the BBC have been since changing weather data providers. Enough said.

Opinions are like a*rseholes - everyone's got one (& is entitled to one).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Autumn ingredients: frost, mist, wind and rain, perhaps even a storm to end the week

    A chilly start for some on Monday but fair weather around before midweek becomes unsettled and we watch developments for Friday into the weekend with a strengthening jet. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    West best for sunshine on Sunday

    Sunshine in western and central areas to end the weekend, but still cloudier and windier further east. Monday brings a reversal in fortunes though with eastern parts seeing the best of any sunny weather. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...