Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
34 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

If its a blizzard, after a few hours (progged) it'll be true whiteout conditions with the amount of precipitation and longevity of the blizzard (I have experienced this). You won't see the bridge, or the road! Stay off the roads in vehicles.

I walk!

Seriously though, if it really starts pelting it down, I'll check the radar, and make a judgement whether or not to close up. Clients need to be able to get home safely and no point in anyone taking risks just to get a workout!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 minutes ago, khodds said:

Leave them to it.. let them play with their toys ? so funny... 

I just had a quick tip toe through mod thread and once you filter out the garbage I get the impression the chance of prolonged cold spell is still on the table and we may stay cold week after....  :santa-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another beautiful sunset. Decided to cycle to Hale, across the county line to catch it. Was nippy though!85237BAD-EB70-4310-8EEE-794FA99EC6DD.thumb.jpeg.680e5795dd3b8bf3fa1b3c65e9fe9629.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Let' hope this part of dartmoor is white come Friday. Lovely afternoon walking the dog.

20180225_170515.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Another beautiful sunset. Decided to cycle to Hale, across the county line to catch it. Was nippy though!85237BAD-EB70-4310-8EEE-794FA99EC6DD.thumb.jpeg.680e5795dd3b8bf3fa1b3c65e9fe9629.jpeg

Drove past the King's Head on the way home earlier. We'll be sure to wave next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
Just now, jtay said:

Drove past the King's Head on the way home earlier. We'll be sure to wave next time.

Oo, I never realised someone on here lived so close to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
2 minutes ago, jtay said:

Near woodgreeen? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
20 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I just had a quick tip toe through mod thread and once you filter out the garbage I get the impression the chance of prolonged cold spell is still on the table and we may stay cold week after....  :santa-emoji:

Yes - I think it’s game on still  :help:

• Like 1

Posted

I'm  not so worried about the beast fron the east atm....temps dont look much different to a normal winter for us. That blizzard is my worry. The winds plus the amount of snowfall in a short time will cause havoc here abouts.  Not going to panic buy, but will definitely have torches, matches etc in an easy to find place.

And wine

And gin

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm  not so worried about the beast fron the east atm....temps dont look much different to a normal winter for us. That blizzard is my worry. The winds plus the amount of snowfall in a short time will cause havoc here abouts.  Not going to panic buy, but will definitely have torches, matches etc in an easy to find place.

And wine

And gin

And pickle.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
7 minutes ago, offerman said:

wowow

have a look

at Thomas Schafanaker latest forecast 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

:yahoo::santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I call forth the God of time and the Goddess of rhyme, please make the time 18:09 on Thursday eve... oh! hello! im just trying out some spells to get us to friday lol not working

Edited by Leon1

Posted

I am both nervous and excited for traveling down to Dover on Thursday night/early Friday morning. :cold:

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Looking at the models the cold spell being prolonged is very much back on and so is a possible blizzard here for the end of the week. For those of you thinking its rain, well maybe it will be, however experience tells me the chances of that are reducing as the models backtrack a little. If it is a blizzard from a bitter cold Easterly then you will not forget it in a hurry. :) When the beast has paid you a visit you tend not to forget its embrace.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

I am both nervous and excited for traveling down to Dover on Thursday night/early Friday morning. :cold:

N0000oooooooo! Travel? Noooooo.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

N0000oooooooo! Travel? Noooooo.

Yeah, then across the Channel to Calais, then to Belgium, and back on Saturday morning! What's the chances my plans are disrupted? The roads are gonna be awful.