Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Stats from yesterday 

18978445-1DBE-4776-BE68-ABD8F2E69173.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fromey said:

Stats from yesterday 

18978445-1DBE-4776-BE68-ABD8F2E69173.jpeg

It looks like it is heading your way again.

I can’t see all this ice going anywhere fast today if it stays cloudy. Could take until later tomorrow at the earliest to melt it all. 

Edited by matt111

2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I can’t see all this ice going very far today if it stays cloudy. Could take until later tomorrow at the earliest to melt it all. 

I think it will take days.

Edited by That ECM

11 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

From my conservatory have tried

uploading others but keep on getting an error!

F4FA7B8A-EC79-41A6-BB77-5ED120A32A5A.jpeg

Try resizing them to no more than 1600px wide. :) 

• Thanks 1

By now, there must be a national emergency in Ireland. Have you seen the last hours of radar?

Light snow currently blowing in the wind here, so after last nights freezing rain, it appears uppers have returned back to negative figures.

Temp -1c DP: -6c

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I can’t see all this ice going anywhere fast today if it stays cloudy. Could take until later tomorrow at the earliest to melt it all. 

In 1947, it thawed rapidly - huge piles of snow though - causing major flooding.

Snowing again! :yahoo:

3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Is that your video gus? Brave camera work.

Yes, some of the drifts are over 2m’s!!!

• Like 1

One good thing to report is under the layer of ice, the snow cover is fully intact. I guess the ice shielded it from the normal rain that fell later on. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gus said:

Yes, some of the drifts are over 2m’s!!!

Welcome! That's insane. You must live very nearby - I hope! No driving in that! Thank you for posting that up for us.

2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

One good thing to report is under the layer of ice, the snow over is fully intact. I guess the ice shielded it from the normal rain that fell later on. 

Who was it among us that bought a pick axe? I thought that was funny at the time..... :pardon:

1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Who was it among us that bought a pick axe? I thought that was funny at the time..... :pardon:

The biggest flakes have just started to fall in the gusty wind, snowing quite heavily again!

Couple more pics of the ice on top of the snow - it really is treacherous out there today.

5a9936cbe033d_Snow1.thumb.jpg.d8646f05011fa1660385e99811baa6f3.jpg5a9936d3cd799_Snow3.thumb.jpg.14f7e7779db7f65bddab975f6b661a22.jpg

Snow 4.jpg

Edited by Bobafet
Add another image
  • Like 2

Apparently the M20 in Kent has ice problems.. cars stranded on ice. So the freezing rain affected Kent too. 

Hi everyone! Great forum this. Been following for a long time but thought I'd sign up. Crazy conditions in Exeter this morning with a thick layer of ice covering everything, including all the powder snow, never seen anything like it before. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This has been a real disapointment to all of us living in the Eastbourne/Brighton area. A few brief showers on Tuesday and Wednesday leaving a light dusting and despite all the hype yesterday and BBC weather indicating we would get light snow most of the day followed by 3 hours of heavy snow into the evening we got diddly squat. I'm happy for the majority who got a decent amount of snow but don't assume that everyone got some. 

The lack of accuracy with the forecasting was for me very annoying.

• Sad 2

CC44EA5E-2DCA-4AB6-8255-8D37F42697BD.thumb.jpeg.38383b69511f49e653b4f462cd642e2b.jpeg

A pic from this morning, footpath blocked

• Like 3
  • Sad 1