South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Mostly rain with icy bits thrown in, now. Some of  the cars that the snow blew off are coated in ice though.. Temp risen to -1.3C now.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

I have a house in Surrey in the week (plenty of snow there). Couldn’t help but come to my weekend house at 10am this morning, no way was this snow starved Poole born and bred lad going to miss the great SW Blizzard on 2018, it’ll go down in folklore! 

• Like 2

The more intense organised area of precipitation across the channel is associated with the warm front, you don't want that drifting north! (even though it will) 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Mapantz said:

Temperature:-1.3 °C
Dew Point:-2.5 °C
Wetbulb Temperature:-1.7 °C

Balmy compared to this morning! lol

Balmy yes, but I'm still trying to understand how freezing rain has developed and taken over from snow. It must be the uppers - they must have warmed. 

17 minutes ago, stratty said:

Normal for 44 lol :yahoo: not 46, way too old!:nonono:

Ahem, 53 here and no different. NEVER too old to enjoy snow.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Balmy yes, but I'm still trying to understand how freezing rain has developed and taken over from snow. It must be the uppers - they must have warmed. 

850's are 0C along the South coast.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, coxxy22 said:

Am I right in saying the met office issued a red alert for the south,sw,and Wales 10 mins ago for heavy snow and blizzards ???

no it was earlier today - red was extended into tomorrow today too