Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Well now changed to sunny on the app for Wednesday next week looking historic this isn't it ?

Just forget the apps, stick to here or the met office website or just radar watch closer to the time

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
22 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

sorry Gav, but you're slow on the uptake......we've already seen it, discussed it, binned it...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

@khodds @*Stormforce~beka* @jethro @ajpoolshark Reinforcements urgently required, Thread is going into a worrying level of depression!! It’s 5pm somewhere can I have a Gin yet? :D

Sorry, busy narrowing compost again, brain churning out nonsense as usual so who knows how much Shi* I'll have stored up ready to spout later.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Well now changed to sunny on the app for Wednesday next week looking historic this isn't it ?

With respect, that really doesn't matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Picture please.How do get through the door with a tin foil curtain there lol

Lol, I stuck it to the back of the door ? 

_20180223_133931.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Can someone tell me what page of the MAD thread Paul’s post with that chart is please? Ta 

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

Can someone tell me what page of the MAD thread Paul’s post with that chart is please? Ta 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Just thought I would peek in here to see all the sheer delight/joy and light hearted banter...wish I had not bothered! :rofl:

What is going on in here!? @Rapodo just relax mate, can’t see much wrong with the attached outlook? :snowman-emoji::cold-emoji:

Southern Britain looks good to me - you have to be in it to win it. :D

Have a good day all!

27207825-48FF-474B-8B70-08DBA5D50107.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Rapodo said:

Biggest lesson for me over all this never tell anyone you know and sort yourself out only. People's attitudes are not worth the hassle.

I am the same, have tried to warn folks, but just getting laughed at.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just looking through the charts, my bet is Tuesday being our best chance for more organised snow showers/streamers hitting our region. From the get go. 

Virtual bet placed! 

After that, we could hit the jackpot, but we’ve got a lot of fun to look forward to before that. I always enjoy the chase anyway, as we will have endless banter and Gin!! :drunk:

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Just thought I would peek in here to see all the sheer delight/joy and light hearted banter...wish I had not bothered! :rofl:

What is going on in here!? @Rapodo just relax mate, can’t see much wrong with the attached outlook? :snowman-emoji::cold-emoji:

Southern Britain looks good to me - you have to be in it to win it. :D

Have a good day all!

27207825-48FF-474B-8B70-08DBA5D50107.png

Well thats a complete backtrack to what was said a couple of days ago so confirms my point even more. No idea why everyone is liking this post when it clearly stated only two days ago to expect significant snow fall yes it says significant towards end of the week but that's now being viewed as unlikely with it heading to France. Hope that's wrong and we get paisted myself but I'm just trying to be more realistic now.

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Well thats a complete backtrack to what was said a couple of days ago so confirms my point even more. No idea why everyone is liking this post when it clearly stated only two days ago to expect significant snow fall.

You are confusing risk with expect! There lies the issue :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

trying to be more realistic now.

But, you're not being realistic, you're acting as if the weather owes you something?! The reality is, we have deep cold setting in next week, and increasing risk of wintry showers which will mainly be of snow. There is a greater risk of something more significant towards the end of next week. Karlos  is correct, you're getting your expectations and risks completely muddled! 

If i'm honest, I don't know if your trying to troll or that you don't like people's excitement in this thread? Don't take that comment personally. I just can't fathom out your purpose in your replies.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely day out there,didnt need to do much work to get the fleece off in the sun,surprised how hard the ground was though,seems dry but bitter cold possibly for us,time will tell,to all outdoor workers who are self employed or on the cards,lets hope its not unworkable,if it snows it brings in everyone,getting to work and back ect,cant say its not interesting,but give it a week in the SE especially,everything down the pan,the area gridlocked ect,you may just see some different posts.......this is doing my head in now lol

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

You are confusing risk with expect! There lies the issue :hi:

There was no uncertainty 2 days ago hence all the ranting n raving with them clearly saying the south and east to be worse hit. How you can't see this is a downgrade for southern and western counties is beyond me. It's back to hopecasting again. Do I think we'e see snow in the air next week yeah I do but I'm not convinced at all now we're get anything major yet. As ever more runs needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

As the large potential snow event has now come into range on the NetwX MR model, I was intrigued to have a look. Can safely say I'm in shock and as unlikely and unpredictable it is to forecast as far ahead as Thursday.

We're looking in excess of 18 hours of snow and as the rain to snow ratio is approximately 1:6, we're looking at 15cm+, likely much more.

Just for fun tho and taking with a massive pinch of salt but interesting nevertheless given no marginality.

• Like 1

Posted

I'l be radar watching loads and really hope we get it I was very positive yesterday that we would get a battering today I've had a big wobble and not so sure. If we can't get a decent event in this set up then when can we. For now it's hopecasting till we hit reliable timeframe. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

There was no uncertainty 2 days ago hence all the ranting n raving with them clearly saying the south and east to be worse hit. How you can't see this is a downgrade for southern and western counties is beyond me. It's back to hopecasting again. Do I think we'e see snow in the air next week yeah I do but I'm not convinced at all now we're get anything major yet. As ever more runs needed.

Each to their own, you beat your drum I’ll beat mine ?  :D

i find your pessimism disturbing however :nonono:

• Like 4