South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Like I've said before, we are in a snow shadow from Cleeve Hill - where there will be feet of it by the time this event is over. Having said that, I have seen a foot in the town.

We  have a little rule of thumb here and that is, if there is an inch in the town, there is a foot on the Hills and visa versa.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

That's an impressive wedge of snow heading up towards Bristol, also all along the coast from Portsmouth to Lands End!

I seem to have a growing 'light patch' over me at the moment but am hoping the intense stuff arcing down towards Paris is headed my way!

image.thumb.png.91c161add559029d2b8131c1184ef352.png

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wiltshire weather said:

That's an impressive wedge of snow heading up towards Bristol, also all along the coast from Portsmouth to Lands End!

I seem to have a growing 'light patch' over me at the moment but am hoping the intense stuff arcing down towards Paris is headed my way!

image.thumb.png.91c161add559029d2b8131c1184ef352.png

Awww man

Absolute mayhem on the roads in poole. My brother is stuck in his artic lorry in Exeter. Never seen snow like this before in poole and if more to come what the hell where the red warning?? Met office got alot to answer for here surely?

• Like 1

Some heavier snowfall about to hit the Bristol area shortly, with pulses of heavier snowfall likely for the next few hours according to the radar.

• Like 1

Got to love independent women....by the way jtay your help was brilliant but like my advice ignored....me to Err Indoors,leave about 1 to avoid chaos....her,not snowing much will leave just before 4....please don't...it will be ok......phone calls now....im on the last bus out of Salisbury and we are stranded....what can YOU  do to save me lol........erm ..erm..lol

• Haha 3
Just now, wiltshire weather said:

The precipitation model from the HIRLAM seems uncannily accurate right now, hope it unfolds as this shows:

tempresult_pzy9.gif

Wasn't that the one that showed deep snow across more or less the whole region?

10 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Can anyone shed any light as to why barnstaple is not getting anything. Will we get anything at all today? 

According to the radar you should be under it by now with a lot more to come.

12 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Apologies no offence meant

no need to apologise...lol.....He's a well known amateur photographer in the local (Brixham) area

• Like 1
Just now, matt111 said:

Wasn't that the one that showed deep snow across more or less the whole region?

It was I think, been pretty good this week, even getting the showery snowfall pretty accurate.

3 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Expand please. Pivoting from where to where?

I think, well I hope, he was trying to describe a tightening low where the NE quadrant has a bit more energy - winds and precip. I'm not sure this applies when a low meets a cold pool.

• Like 1

Difficult to tell from a pic, but on even/level surfaces at the back of the house ( no obstacles in the way ) there's around 5 to 6 inches.

I'm facing West here.

20180301_172619.thumb.jpg.83cd8c98bdf1a95dfda5a5bc87a684fc.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, Mapantz said:

Difficult to tell from a pic, but on even/level surfaces at the back of the house ( no obstacles in the way ) there's around 5 to 6 inches.

I'm facing West here.

20180301_172619.thumb.jpg.83cd8c98bdf1a95dfda5a5bc87a684fc.jpg

Very nice. 

A few inches and counting, snow turning heavier now.

Extremely concerning that ALL models now agree on between 3 and 6 hours of freezing rain here overnight, some of it heavy. That'll cause some damage I'm sure, while compacting the snow so that I can't record the peak depth which will likely be around midnight (well, I could try if I stay up... am I that mad? Maybe!).