Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

I have no apprehension as to why I am just getting light flurries of snow here in barnstaple north Devon when it seems the whole of the south west is getting shed in snow. Absolutely sick and tired of continuously missing out on major snowfallls by a matter of miles!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
9 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Well not everyone, this was the M27 nr Fareham/Hedge End about half hour ago...

28694119_10156638431940656_985270655_o.jpg?oh=d454007eefe04cc854f52f866c5f2883&oe=5A9A25FB

That must be everyone heading home early! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Just now, Jace said:

Near enough a white out here in Stoke Lodge Bristol!

Yep, heavier snow now.

Posted

Got to admit this isn't really floating my boat at all. Just looks misty outside here in Chipping Sodbury. Plenty on the grass which is covered, hardly anything on the cars and paths/roads as it blows straight off. Give me marginal big, wet British flakes any day over this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, alex12 said:

About 7 cm or so at the moment and it keeps coming :O 

Glad you finally got some snow alex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Just measured my snow depths in Keynsham, general consensus seems that (although difficult to measure through snow drifts) that my depths range from between 4 and 9cm.

Posted
2 minutes ago, s4lancia said:

I’d say Bournemouth’s snow is going to get quite a bit heavier shortly.

Its looking good for a large section of the south right now. Let’s hope we keep it as snow right down here on the coast. The flakes are starting to get a bit bigger I fancy, to be expected.

What about the iow?

1 minute ago, Jemma Croton said:

Where would you extend it?

Hi Jemma,

Well we need to watch those radar and infra red charts during the next hour or two but I think all of southern England, the south Midlands, Essex and Suffolk, all of the south-west and south Wales and yes you're very much in the middle of all this should be added to the red warning zone immediately.. I'll be doing regular updates every hour or so. Enjoy.

btw' I really liked your special thread and all those who are able must check on their neighbours and beyond. Cold weather payments should be triggered by Saturday but everyone must ignore the affordability and ensure that they're warm and safe..  All the best, David.

Posted
1 hour ago, Widgery said:

This is Postbridge, middle/top of Dartmoor

https://www.dartcom.co.uk/webcam

Entirely forgot about this one http://eathorvertonwebcam.org.uk/index3.php - something i may be looking at when the thaw arrives!

Posted
1 minute ago, Matty-H said:

Got to admit this isn't really floating my boat at all. Just looks misty outside here in Chipping Sodbury. Plenty on the grass which is covered, hardly anything on the cars and paths/roads as it blows straight off. Give me marginal big, wet British flakes any day over this

I think we can promise that in a few hours. 

Humidity is up.

Temp -3C  Humidity 90%  Dewpoint -4C   Pressure 997.2 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, snow,

Hi All,

Been following developments on here for past few days, been great following all the banter and well informed posters views!

Snowstorm Emma is looking to be the real deal as it gets heavier and lasting well into the night! Extending further east too according to gfs 12z.

Weather station showing It's the 'warmest' its been all day now and dewpoint also rising... no chance of rain for a day or two hopefully if we can hold on to the easterly wind flow.

image.thumb.png.c39929df7332e537a7e6552ccf31f8ff.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, Matty-H said:

You're a couple miles away from me. Guess we've just been unlucky so far? As others in Bristol are experiencing moderate snowfall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Must be good event, forgot to look at gfs and ukmo??

Posted
6 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I have no apprehension as to why I am just getting light flurries of snow here in barnstaple north Devon when it seems the whole of the south west is getting shed in snow. Absolutely sick and tired of continuously missing out on major snowfallls by a matter of miles!!

I wonder if the estuary creates a pocket of warm area above us in braunton and barnstaple. The radars did show earlier a clear patch here- the only one in Devon! Think it is forecast to fill in but I'm no expert.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Whiteout here:yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

Pucklechurch, Parkfield.

I just popped out to Yate from Frampton Cotterell and although it is only fine snow, the roads are already getting tricky. The roads in Yate are covered, more there than here at the moment. It's going to be an interesting night......few days! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.
1 minute ago, skidders said:

I just popped out to Yate from Frampton Cotterell and although it is only fine snow, the roads are already getting tricky. The roads in Yate are covered, more there than here at the moment. It's going to be an interesting night......few days! 

Indeed and more forecast tomorrow afternoon :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's still coming down well here but the flakes are so small I can't see it amounting to much around here. I suppose we've got about 6cm, maybe more, hard to tell with the wind. Is it supposed to get heavier? Bigger flakes? Birds hungry.

DSC01864.JPG

DSC01871.JPG

DSC01851.JPG

DSC01854.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, offerman said:

Really heavy snow here in Frome settled too on top of during the day on top of this mornings heavy snow 

Just been over to the rugby club, it brutal out there! The drifts up here are roughly ankle deep.

its like icing sugar

• Like 1