Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Temp -3C  Humidity 78%  Dewpoint -7C   Pressure 1001.1

5 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

As expected big downgrade on met office app for Poole oh well. 

Look out your dam window!! Lol 

• Like 1

Wind really picking up here and the green 'blob' over Cardiff is expanding back East! And snow starting to fall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ydoj said:

Hi - do you have a link to that or could you have a look at the nw corner of north Devon? The one I looked at earlier had it missing us.

Nope. Just shown on This Morning (ITV). A 'forecast' radar graphic from Meto i guess. They ran the loop. SW Yes, Bristol and to East looks like more marginal going by that radar prediction.

Your area looks right in firing line.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Try updating it might help you.

Yep, done that, now what? 

IMG_0673.PNG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Try updating it might help you.

Try looking at the snowfall radar

• Thanks 1

Anyone using phone weather apps - they will be hours behind with forecasts. 

We are in RealTime now

• Like 4

Just now, Bristle boy said:

Nope. Just shown on This Morning (ITV). A 'forecasr' radar graphic from Meto i guess. They ran the loop. SW Yes, Bristol and to East looks like more marginal going by that radar prediction.

Your area looks right in firing line.

Thanks mate - nothing at the mo. Any idea why the bbc might be predicting rain / sleet for tonight? I was under the impression any precipitation would fall as snow with temps this low. Still learning about all this !

Heavier here now - fine snow grains blowing in a strengthening wind. Temp -2.4C

ah well hants no snow triangle launched into dustbin....its snowing in daylight and settling 3rd time in 27 years lol

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Oh do give it a rest! 

94170EEB-B647-4F10-9E4A-A97DB0FBFD83.thumb.png.c7113d7409cb7d2159ed80e46c2810b6.png

There's always one in the room isn't there ;) lol

Hopefully everyone who wants snow gets  some. 

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1

Bit concerned now, have gone home and cancelled my jobs on the moors as that wind is unbearable! I live in the orange zone but my horses and a client's horses all live in the red zone! How good is a Toyota rav4 in heavy snow?? 

• Like 1

Really starting to pick up on Portland, I keep needing excited wees ! 😂

• Like 1

Can now say i'm starting to get snow flurries in Scredda (St Austell) It seems to be early as amber warning is not 2pm?

Well done all you getting snow can’t lie pretty gutted we miss out again but deep down expected it! Downgraded continuously and pushed bk for us on met office and the most pathetic tiny flakes cmg down right now 😔 roll on next winter ....

That area of ppn to the south looks huge.

ppn.thumb.png.db5989002f3352790bb703bd2b7b72eb.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ydoj said:

Thanks mate - nothing at the mo. Any idea why the bbc might be predicting rain / sleet for tonight? I was under the impression any precipitation would fall as snow with temps this low. Still learning about all this !

Slightly less cold air will probably follow up behind later tonight to affect southern most areas i think

• Like 1

My anally retentive neighbour across the road is outside blowing the snow off his drive with a leaf blower. I cannot wait to see him later/tomorrow :fool: What's there at the mo is billowing up in front of him, whipping over his shoulder and promptly settling behind him :rofl: Oh and I'm hereby switching to this mode....:snowman-emoji::santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji::cold-emoji::ball-santa-emoji: With a large dose of this if the forecast is anywhere near accurate :drunk-emoji:

2 minutes ago, snowponies said:

Bit concerned now, have gone home and cancelled my jobs on the moors as that wind is unbearable! I live in the orange zone but my horses and a client's horses all live in the red zone! How good is a Toyota rav4 in heavy snow?? 

I think Dartmoor National Parks have asked everyone to stay well away from the moor. Sounds harsh but you can’t put yourself at risk for them.

• Like 2

A tad worrying that in a space of watching this rader it's slowly turning sleet/rain in the channel?

Screenshot_20180301-121417.jpg

There seems to be a lot of green in that can’t coming this way! I do hope it’s going to be gunned down by the cold air! Or we are screwed! 

593C3079-DB83-46A2-977B-C46F4BDB5EE1.png