South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

Much to my relief, an important DPD delivery managed to get here before the heavier snow of this afternoon. A very, very cold delivery that was!

Sat here with -4*C temps outside and a few cm of snow on the grass. The patio out back is behaving oddly though, with much less snow despite the freezing temps and no gritting or salting. Seems the thaw of yesterday froze into slick ice on which the dry snow is unable to accumulate. We'll see before long whether bigger flakes can overcome this!

Light snow has just returned here. FYI I'm pretty much halfway between Bournemouth and Salisbury.

Even this weaker feature ahead of the main event is gaining some intensity as the moisture aloft streams across.

2 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Good luck all - that are of ppn looks HUGE. Places are going to get cut off, make no bones about it. Stay safe!

Dammit, was just in the middle of making bones. Thanks for the heads up

• Haha 1

Latest radar predict seems to show it just veering NW towards Ireland past midnight. I think Bristol area could be the very NE extent going by that radar pic i saw just now. Rest of SW into Somerset, Devon, parts of Cornwall will get 'smashed'!

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looking good for the whole of the SW, snow heading and spreading in from Hampshire and will work north/west over the next 2-3hrs.

Enjoy your code RED but please be safe everyone! Hope this goes down as a Feb 78 reduex for you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Latest radar predict seems to show it just veering NW towards Ireland past midday. I think Bristol area could be the very NE extent going by that radar pic i saw just now. Rest of SW into Somerset, Devon, parts of Cornwall will get 'smashed'!

Hi - do you have a link to that or could you have a look at the nw corner of north Devon? The one I looked at earlier had it missing us.