Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
12 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Wow lol! So have you saw me in the volly then? And if so you should of came over and said hello 

Haven't been in there for years. I did go out with Sarah, landlady I believe, in the mid 80's. Happy days???

Edited by That ECM

Posted

Just woken so haven't ventured outside yet but we have light snow, not enough for a covering yet but only a very light breeze. Like you guys I've been waiting with the hope of a day like today for years. Let's hope some dreams come true.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow
5 minutes ago, divadee said:

@dryjoy they have just posted this. Himself is not happy. 

Screenshot_20180301-064341.png

Neither am I. Oh well. 

11 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Non-event? You just have to look at the radar to see that isn't the case, a band of light to moderate snow moving in.

I felt exactly about you this morning though, kept waking up having nightmares that we'll have no snow lol!

Just don't think it will be anything special . BBC and met office seem to have downgraded it for Bristol area . We shall see though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Light snow falling here and that wind, sweet jesus, that wind slices  right through you like a knife! 

Think ill drive instead of walking to the pond in a bit to feed the ducks & swans, even though it' just down the road! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Why does my app and radar hardly show anything all of a sudden?? 

Panic over it has it must of glitches :D

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Light snow just outside tavistock, should be fun/interesting working on Dartmoor today ???

Good luck everyone! We all deserve 20cms+ each after so many failed chances over the years. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’d say we have 2 cms already still snowing lightly, kids very excited 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Thinking the same doesn't look much to me.

Maybe that's because light and patchy snow was the forecast until later this afternoon when the rally heavy precipitation is forecast to move in and then continue until the early hours of tomorrow morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Light snow here, BBC graphics and METO app not looking as good this morning though, I am an optimist so will just radar and window watch now. RE the red warning people have mentioned I would think that would only be issued if it affects densely populated areas, not sure though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

On the radar there isnt much to see or is there more snow forming now in the channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

RE previous post my METO app says cloudy now but its snowing so apps about as much use as Bristol City holding on to a 3 goal lead :D

Posted

We've had a light dusting over the last 45 minutes.  Very fine and blowing readily in the wind.  Hoping that later comes off so I can have a very smug face for all of the non-believers in work.  Only problem now is that no-one has attempted to drive down the road, and that fine layer will freeze before the main event arrives.  The drive this morning will be interesting.

Posted

YAY! Got a bit of intensity to the snow now, it’s amazing how easily it just sits on all surfaces as they’re so cold! And this is just a warm up :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Square route of nothing here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
14 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

Light snow here, BBC graphics and METO app not looking as good this morning though, I am an optimist so will just radar and window watch now. RE the red warning people have mentioned I would think that would only be issued if it affects densely populated areas, not sure though.

Fear not. The way I'm reading it for our area is light snow all day, becoming heavier this evening and overnight and persisting into tomorrow.

Also Saturday is now remaining cold with more snow falling. All in all a lot to look forward to.

Edited by John88B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down
16 minutes ago, Bristol_Robin said:

Just don't think it will be anything special . BBC and met office seem to have downgraded it for Bristol area . We shall see though

A bit misleading. The Met Office or the BBC have not downgraded anything. In fact they have extended the risk of snow now into the weekend.

Also people who use those Weather Apps. In situations like this they are absolutely useless. Just look at one of the many free radar images available or just look out the window.

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 4