Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

It's been snowing on the top of Portland for the past hour or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, That ECM said:

4.31 and 28 seconds roughly:D 

Let's hope it continues till at least 22.16 on Monday. 😂 

 

Looks like my work might of made the right call. Himself who works at the uni still has to go in 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The met have delayed the snow for Bournemouth until later in the morning. They need to stop looking at their computers and look out the wind:Dow 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, divadee said:

Let's hope it continues till at least 22.16 on Monday. 😂 

 

Looks like my work might of made the right call. Himself who works at the uni still has to go in 😁

Agreed but which Monday 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone is clear about the Met Office Warnings,

Yellow Warning of Snow is Valid from 8am.

Amber Warning is Valid from Midday.

If we were to expect a red warning, would expect sometime between 12-4pm.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

The met have delayed the snow for Bournemouth until later in the morning. They need to stop looking at their computers and look out the wind:Dow 

I was just having a look at that forecast. Meant to stop about 7am and then restart about lunchtime. I was hoping for an all day event. I have also just looked at the radar and I can't see where the next band of snow is coming from. Possibly a glitch on the radar though. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The updated fax show quite well by 1800 the front covering a wider area spreading east towards I strongly think this is gonna be an historic event with many places including parts of London seeing 20cm + time will tell but I expect the forecasts to change as day goes on.

Screenshot_20180301-062711.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blooming eck is cold out there!!

biting wind with light snow.

with regards to snowfall I think we will be seeing ppn developing/fading/developing for the next 48 hours or more. 

not your classic band heading in with clear a boundary that moves through then buggers off more an area of ppn potential.

good luck all :):):) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

The updated fax show quite well by 1800 the front covering a wider area spreading east towards I strongly think this is gonna be an historic event with many places including parts of London seeing 20cm + time will tell but I expect the forecasts to change as day goes on.

Screenshot_20180301-062711.png

Volunteer for most of the day for you then:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, divadee said:

Let's hope it continues till at least 22.16 on Monday. 😂 

 

Looks like my work might of made the right call. Himself who works at the uni still has to go in 😁

Hmmm... I work at the University too. They may not have made up their minds yet, often they don't decide whether to open until about 7:30 or so in this situation. I think we will be open though. Its a bit of a pain as I live between Blandford and Beer Regis, and the weather forecast has a lot more snow for us than B'mth so I am likely at some point to have to make a call on whether to head back home, based on my wife's advice. There is some snow here now but not enough to prevent travel last time I looked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bristol_Robin said:

Not much to report in Bristol really . Few gusts of wind now and again . Can see it being a non event here . But I am a pessimist lol

Non-event? You just have to look at the radar to see that isn't the case, a band of light to moderate snow moving in.

I felt exactly about you this morning though, kept waking up having nightmares that we'll have no snow lol!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Volunteer for most of the day for you then:D

Lol how do you no this?!?! I'm going to look at a house first thing then got the shop to open, but once that snow comes I will be walking to all the pubs!! So you come to Campden then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blowing snow here, probably have a couple cm in the garden already. Looking at the radar i (in andover) appear to be between two heavier bursts typically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up to a very light 'icing sugar' dusting here. So looks like we had some light showers overnight.


Was -3.3c at midnight and a low of -3.6c at 4am
Now -3.5c, dewpoint -7.3c, wind ENE 11-18mph with some gusts of 25mph just started last hour or so.

Its snowing very lightly here at the moment.

 

Edited by lettice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Soooo what time should the iow expect to be hit?? Absolutely nothing yet?! 😬😬 worried is an understatement 😩😞

 

Snowing and drifting here in Freshwater.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Lol how do you no this?!?! I'm going to look at a house first thing then got the shop to open, but once that snow comes I will be walking to all the pubs!! So you come to Campden then?

8 bells was my local for many years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met office have only light snow showing for the first time now for the rest of today and none for tomorrow now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That ECM said:

8 bells was my local for many years 

Wow lol! So have you saw me in the volly then? And if so you should of came over and said hello 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dryjoy said:

Hmmm... I work at the University too. They may not have made up their minds yet, often they don't decide whether to open until about 7:30 or so in this situation. I think we will be open though. Its a bit of a pain as I live between Blandford and Beer Regis, and the weather forecast has a lot more snow for us than B'mth so I am likely at some point to have to make a call on whether to head back home, based on my wife's advice. There is some snow here now but not enough to prevent travel last time I looked.

@dryjoy they have just posted this. Himself is not happy. 

Screenshot_20180301-064341.png

Edited by divadee
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if a red warning will go up somewhere today across the region / sw wales, I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't to be honest esp with 50cm or so predicted across the Moors from the met office in the amber warning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're in the heavier bit on the radar and it's coming down nicely.

Just been out and it's crunchy under foot. Lovely stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...