Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

So weird.. -5 AND snowing!! Never seen that before

• Like 7

Guys & Gals, not exactly a regular poster but have been pretty much glued to all of your musings. I have to say, it's looking good, even overnight tonight in many places but still trying to contain my excitement and play it down in my very nearly 47 year old head as well as still not breaking the golden rule and letting the family know the potential of what the next couple of days or so may bring.

I'm with you all of the way and let's hope we'll be raising a few pints of gin 🤔 in the coming days, whatever it may bring.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Being stupid where are you guys seeing the South streamer is it on the radar ?

I hope the south east is not going to pinch all the snow that was destined for the south West. 

Sleep time zzzzz

1 minute ago, Gas Ed said:

Guys & Gals, not exactly a regular poster but have been pretty much glued to all of your musings. I have to say, it's looking good, even overnight tonight in many places but still trying to contain my excitement and play it down in my very nearly 47 year old head as well as still not breaking the golden rule and letting the family know the potential of what the next couple of days or so may bring.

I'm with you all of the way and let's hope we'll be raising a few pints of gin 🤔 in the coming days, whatever it may bring.

As a fellow Gashead we should be used to let downs by now :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, on this auspicious night, and as people are drifting off to bed, here is the state of play from the MetO.

event warnings.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Lots going on! For me near Stroud watching the radar for some snow heading this way from the east right now - hour away? Looking at the MOD thread and the short range thread it seems clear that tomorrow isn’t properly sorted yet, or Friday, or even Saturday! Radar and my window is going to hold the answers for next 48 hours looking at it. Some models say minor snow for me tomorrow, some say loads... -6 here at moment. Exciting times, hope we all get some at least! 

• Like 1

Never trusted these but it does show the m4 snowshield being obliterated 

52B01A3E-C7B5-465B-8B73-2189C24EE1F9.png

Edited by john w
  • Haha 5

Must have been snowing on and off for a while; it’s already drifted to the bottom of the garden so parts of the lawn are bare but the back edge is white

• Like 4

No snow here in Gosport but those clouds coming from Portsmouth look threatening.

Could someone nudge the channel streamer about a couple of miles north? :pardon:

• Haha 4

Cloud has now arrived, humidity is stable and currently -3.7C which I suspect will be as low as it’s going to go tonight. Cloud does currently appear to be associated with the channel streamer moving slightly onshore.

• Like 1

Stuff was sticking a while ago, now just light flurries here. Hoping for something more interesting in the next few hours lol..

4 minutes ago, Couger said:

Being stupid where are you guys seeing the South streamer is it on the radar ?

4B8DF145-D001-40E9-9D4C-7AB230E56144.thumb.jpeg.421682e66526e5230539af018741dd02.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Looking at Bayeux there's something of interest coming out of France. I Hope it's going to be a direct hit.

3 minutes ago, FreezeManiac said:

Moderate to Heavy Snow here! Looking good!

and looking at the radar a lot more to come!!

• Like 2

Just now, Fred Sykes said:

and looking at the radar a lot more to come!!

Lamp posts looking real good with the wind blowing the heavy snow! Was not expecting this at all!