Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Looks like the streamer may finally hit me. -6.C and clouding over. 

Edited by ThundersnowDays
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Got my supplies. Yes I've opened some of them already. :oops:

image.thumb.png.78e4d0bf3c4afe408f3e7049c21c53b9.png

Anyone want any? :friends:

Don't even want any gin in return. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be imagining it, but the channel streamer seems to have pushed north in the last few frames alone, as the French precip moves up. Maybe good for those near the coast?

Edited by Climate_Eyes
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That streamer is edging ever so closer to my location

Does anyone think the stuff further North, East of Milton Keynes will make over here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Hi-Res Models still struggling to get a grip on the exact track and timings of storm emma and her fronts or have they pretty much got it nailed now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Is it time for storm food stash pics?

Might as well it's only tomorrow. :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rh205 said:

Are the Hi-Res Models still struggling to get a grip on the exact track and timings of storm emma and her fronts or have they pretty much got it nailed now?

Won't be nailed to t+0 anything can happen in these set ups its looking good though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just recorded a windchill of -11.5c on my weather station.

 

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Its all looking a bit mental over France :shok:

3DFD3627-2DF2-4651-8869-AAB386741DE5.thumb.png.b8472e60e4788e0490e94bd88e34065b.png

It would take a huge turn of events for that to whisk swiftly northwest like the beeb have it. I personally think central southern England will do very well as well as the west, I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

I could be imagining it, but the channel streamer seems to have pushed north in the last few frames alone, as the French precip moves up. Maybe good for those near the coast?

I think it might've done slightly. Now that it's too far west for me. :wallbash:

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minus 5 here tonight, feels much colder, just had to bring the pet rabbit in, should have done it a bit sooner really. Just got an email from the schools saying it will open tomorrow but if things get bad you will need to pick your kids up (seven mile drive on B roads) brilliant, prob good idea not to send them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

If that turns out to be the case that's us staying cold for longer as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Oh my word, forecast radar has that lot intensify and drift West. Streamer comes ashore. Approx. 00.30hrs tonight. Wonder if it will actually pan out like this.

radar.jpeg

That would be ace if that happens

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

I think it might've done slightly. Now that it's too far west for me. :wallbash:

:sorry:

 

Might be time to get biting on those party rings mate! :rofl:


That French stuff is going to deliver the goods for you, I can feel it.

:friends:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can some one please expect what's going to happen tomorrow I am aware that I'm in the amber warning of this post which is st Austell in Cornwall now I'm checking everything i can not find much snow only a few light showers yet again in Thursday night turn rain? 5-15cm? A dusting ? Confused.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zephyr said:

18z GFS

27-779UK.GIF?28-18

:yahoo::cold:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Minus 5 here tonight, feels much colder, just had to bring the pet rabbit in, should have done it a bit sooner really. Just got an email from the schools saying it will open tomorrow but if things get bad you will need to pick your kids up (seven mile drive on B roads) brilliant, prob good idea not to send them?

Our guinea pig has been in since Sunday as they're not supposed to be out in temps less than 15c according to the RSPCA.

All quiet on the south coast front. And I have to say "damn those French stealing that snow, not only do they steal our storms in the summer now they've got our fluffy stuff too!" :nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

It would take a huge turn of events for that to whisk swiftly northwest like the beeb have it. I personally think central southern England will do very well as well as the west, I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

Cheers for that, I agree RE: ECM.

france Radar is top of my priority list tonight.wife is bottom ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Climate_Eyes said:

:sorry:

 

Might be time to get biting on those party rings mate! :rofl:


That French stuff is going to deliver the goods for you, I can feel it.

:friends:

 

I've just put them away now or I would keep nibbling them. :nonono:

I hope it does, but if it comes this way i'll send it your way after I've finished with it, since your snow yesterday just about made it here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Oh my word, forecast radar has that lot intensify and drift West. Streamer comes ashore. Approx. 00.30hrs tonight. Wonder if it will actually pan out like this.

radar.jpeg

Why did you post that? Just thought I'd go and get an early night, no chance now:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Autumn ingredients: frost, mist, wind and rain, perhaps even a storm to end the week

    A chilly start for some on Monday but fair weather around before midweek becomes unsettled and we watch developments for Friday into the weekend with a strengthening jet. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    West best for sunshine on Sunday

    Sunshine in western and central areas to end the weekend, but still cloudier and windier further east. Monday brings a reversal in fortunes though with eastern parts seeing the best of any sunny weather. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...