South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

Feeling optimistic, went past the gritting depot on the way to work.... lorries have all had the snow ploughs  fitted :yahoo:

Edited by jethro
  • Like 3

06z EURO4 shows widespread accumulative snowfall across our region, around 10cmish for most;

18030206_2806.thumb.gif.8f1c83f9b697fea5859482dafe8d46e7.gif

SE Wales & the moors easily in excess of that.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, kaz said:

Looks like parts of north devon are being down graded back to yellow? Is this because the storm is starting to go in another direction? I am ? ?

As things stand your in a great location better than here in fact :D

28 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

Think we may have a red before this kicks in. Oh my gosh. After waiting all week seeing snow everywhere else our payday is finally coming

23B775C3-E408-4339-AF76-8247D8BB3A87.png

Hi south westerners, well I made a punt of three feet of snow a few days back and amazingly I think my punt is still in the game!! With gale force winds, snow drifts may well be much higher than that!

I got a little mocked on the MOD thread when suggesting an historic blizzard for the SW - well of course it isn't 100% in the bag yet as milder air is painfully close to the channel throughout Thursday/Friday - but the closer you get to the rain line, the more snow you are likely to get, I imagine!

For me in Hampshire, even though I'm in the amber warning zone I fear I may miss out altogether as some models take the snow band just west of me. I will console myself with stupendous pictures of blizzards from places that "never" see snow, such as Wembury this morning!!

Good luck coldies, and commiserations mildies (your thaw will come quickly!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, kaz said:

Looks like parts of north devon are being down graded back to yellow? Is this because the storm is starting to go in another direction? I am ? ?

Where are you getting this from?

5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Heavy snow in St. Ives, just been viewing it on the webcam. 

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/st-ives-quayside.html

A rare beast!

Supposed to be travelling down there for a week's holiday on Saturday. Can't see it happening!!

Edited by kumquat

Looking serious in scotland:

Snow showers already affecting the area will become heavier and more prolonged later on Wednesday afternoon and at times through the evening and overnight period, with 5 cm of snow falling within an hour in some places and lying snow reaching 20-30 cm and possibly 40 cm in a few places by mid morning on Thursday. Strong easterly winds will lead to significant drifting of lying snow.