Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

Maybe the answer in what Meto are seeing lies in their updated FAX charts for Thurs/Fri:

2 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Especially for those NE in this thread.

Hirlam looks great for Thursday sends the first band North and less focus on moving it NW at that point..

hitrl.thumb.png.592ac4e5660bf5a106273977059530a4.png 5a95d921a8132_hirlam2.thumb.png.81bae72a759bdc6a1c9082371dd81df8.png

I'd quite happily take those !

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Wow just hit -7.0 its going to be a cold morning. :cold-emoji:

Im liking the current trend in output, lets hope for one final big upgrade on wednesday 12z and have it stall over the south :D

Arrives through Thursday and stalls until Saturday morning would do me. :rofl:

• Like 2

And obviously as it stands we have an Amber warning out, we sit under the Highest Impact and 3rd Likeliness of happening. All it takes is for the Met Office to be 90% confident or so (few hours before the event) an in theory should be a red.

• Like 3

Looking forward to getting into the NAE precip charts. That is the only model I care about when it comes to failry good ppn estimates.... The others are very very vague ideas of what could happen. Obvs thats within +48hrs only. 

3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Arrives through Thursday and stalls until Saturday morning would do me. :rofl:

And if it's not followed by rain that would be just peachy, thanks.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been waiting all my life...

5 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

From your description it sounds like a rime frost. But if underfoot, ice that is disturbed with pressure sometimes changes its crystalline state. Too scientific for me to describe in words but pressure raises the surface temp slightly and where you have very cold, clear ice, it become frosted - a bit like (but its not a good analogy) shattering windscreen glass.

I 'think' what happened is... dusting of snow fell onto partially treated pavement (ie salt from our treated drive has been walked along the street about 75 yards), so left some moist residue. Crystals then formed because the temperature fell so rapidly.  Pretty anyhow

• Thanks 1