Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

I am getting no work done. And I'm not even sorry! Radar and window watching and looking at the Meto app is too alluring. 

• Like 1

Still light to moderate flurries here, although the radar is now stuck at 12.05 so i've got no idea what's going on. Not with the weather, just in general. :crazy:

They’ve added coastal areas to the warning as well. 

• Like 3

Seeing a few flakes here on the west side of Southampton.

Thanks for sharing the amber alert, guys: all my colleagues are driving around to appointments in Wessex and the West country on Thursday so it's been great to give them fair warning. XXX

I want to see that turn red now.. :crazy:

Think they would only issue red on thursday morning if it was that bad though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

I want to see that turn red now.. :crazy:

Think they would only issue red on thursday morning if it was that bad though.

Wish they'd issue snowfall amounts.

4 minutes ago, divadee said:

I am getting no work done. And I'm not even sorry! Radar and window watching and looking at the Meto app is too alluring. 

Same here divadee, i'm supposed to be revising for an exam tomorrow which I definitely wasn't hoping would get snowed off.. :whistling:

10 minutes ago, knocker said:

Lilycide!! Wicked, quite wicked :angry:

lily.thumb.jpg.4a6c26b0e6e43be0b73f6d9f15b64491.jpg

You need to make them all hats knocker.

This was my Saturday afternoon entertainment.

P2270735_sm.thumb.jpg.567be44fc41feba31848b6096c416395.jpgP2270734_sm.jpg.9a04865cef779c7a171bf4bf12536bf3.jpgP2270732_sm.thumb.jpg.3c15873b26deba26a323379998e18892.jpgP2270731_sm.thumb.jpg.0b07b873791f307b706fe50dd808db59.jpg

P2270733_sm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Yeah same. Even if it's just a ball park figure to gauge the potential of it.

10-15cm widespread, 20-25cm locally would be my guess. I definitely think there's potential for some places to see up to a foot. I saw a chart earlier that showed 56CM for SE Ireland... the potential for crazy amounts is definitely there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Same here divadee, i'm supposed to be revising for an exam tomorrow which I definitely wasn't hoping would get snowed off.. :whistling:

Now surely that’s more important than the weather. Is it... :crazy:

Yellow warning for Saturday also extended to include all areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

Yeah same. Even if it's just a ball park figure to gauge the potential of it.

10-15cm widespread, 20-25cm locally would be my guess. I definitely think there's potential for some places to see up to a foot. I saw a chart earlier that showed 56CM for SE Ireland... the potential for crazy amounts is definitely there.

I saw around 24cm around Cardiff and Bristol area.

• Thanks 1

@Bring Back1962-63 (David)

Brilliant post a couple of pages back and last night....Thank you for taking the time in putting together a really sound and analytical post that everyone can readand understand.......cheers! 

• Like 4

All our snow has gone for Weds now, was down for heavy snow showers but that' just changed to nothing but bright sun...I don' get involved with weather stuff much only did this time as I'm going somewhere Friday but it' total madness!!

2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Still too much uncertainty, I safe bet would be 5- 10cm at the moment. Though there will be areas seeing in excess of 20cm. I believe the ice threat is what causing the most issues with that having the potential to cause severe disruption though any the northern extent unlikely to be agreed upon until late Wednesday/Early Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, jtay said:

You need to make them all hats knocker.

This was my Saturday afternoon entertainment.

P2270735_sm.thumb.jpg.567be44fc41feba31848b6096c416395.jpgP2270734_sm.jpg.9a04865cef779c7a171bf4bf12536bf3.jpgP2270732_sm.thumb.jpg.3c15873b26deba26a323379998e18892.jpgP2270731_sm.thumb.jpg.0b07b873791f307b706fe50dd808db59.jpg

P2270733_sm.jpg

Good Job!

What would we do without you Gav, thanks so much :D, we don’t get much internet in the southwest as we are so rural. Just a note, if for some reason Thursday goes Pete tong for us, we will be well appraised, so don’t feel you need to let us know! 👍🤣

2 minutes ago, MattTarrant said:

Still too much uncertainty, I safe bet would be 5- 10cm at the moment. Though there will be areas seeing in excess of 20cm. I believe the ice threat is what causing the most issues with that having the potential to cause severe disruption though any the northern extent unlikely to be agreed upon until late Wednesday/Early Thursday. 

Ideally this needs to be agreed upon tomorrow afternoon, 24 hours before as people need notice of potential hazards.

In other news its started snowing again here :)

6 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Best of luck. We were over your way on Sunday at Chawton House for the snowdrops.

It was well worth the trip. It's a lovely village.

P2250703_sm.thumb.jpg.91707fda64f13fd87c8f48938e577771.jpg

• Like 1