Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

As I said in the mad thread ( which was completely ignored) a week is a long time in model land,lots of ups and downs still left to come on this rollercoaster.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Why thank you! Your not too bad yourself ...

Your welcome, I don’t make a habit of flirting you know 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Anyone got any charts for the snow on Friday?

Not worth looking mate.  As poor as the longer term output is for prolonging the cold, Friday is unanimously very snowy for us, across most 12z model output.  That's all we need to know for now.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fromey said:

As I said in the mad thread ( which was completely ignored) a week is a long time in model land,lots of ups and downs still left to come on this rollercoaster.

 

I agree. There was a fantastic post from if I’m remembering rightly BBW62-63 that I think has gone completely ignored too. The models are having a wobble, albeit from lack of weekend data or more downwelling from the further warming of the trop. All will be ok.

Edited by khodds
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think we’ve seen the end of this drama. What are the chances of the pub run pulling out a stella run 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AWD said:

Not worth looking mate.  As poor as the longer term output is for prolonging the cold, Friday is unanimously very snowy for us, across most 12z model output.  That's all we need to know for now.

I'd take a day of blizzards even if it does turn milder a few days later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The EPS 850mb means has the low (not very intense) south west of Cornwall at T132 with it's circulation North Wales to Suffolk. By T156 it is an elongated area of low pressure centred to the south west of Ireland stretching ENE across the southern half of the UK. Temp a little below average in that area but colder as you move north

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can't walk the path to heaven without hitting a stone

p.s does anyone want to buy some cheap salt, anti freeze etc?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope we all get snow out of this set up,been here all winter..getting up for the oz models ...looking at the charts through the day when should be working, reeling this EPIC cold spell into the reliable only to get snow showers and a snow to rain event will break my will :angry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knocker said:

The EPS 850mb means has the low (not very intense) south west of Cornwall at T132 with it's circulation North Wales to Suffolk. By T156 it is an elongated area of low pressure centred to the south west of Ireland stretching ENE across the southern half of the UK. Temp a little below average in that area but colder as you move north

Is this good or bad?!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'd take a day of blizzards even if it does turn milder a few days later.

Curiosity has me wanting to see a 48hr non stop blizzard just to see what its like. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, khodds said:

Is this good or bad?!

Depends on your point of view rather like downgrades and upgrades. Lets just say Sidney dug out some Cashews on hearing the news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Depends on your point of view rather like downgrades and upgrades. Lets just say Sidney dug out some Cashews on hearing the news

His living conditions normally kept tropical then?  :pardon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Depends on your point of view rather like downgrades and upgrades. Lets just say Sidney dug out some Cashews on hearing the news

😂 I still don’t know... 10 foot snow drifts? Or boat required?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

😂 I still don’t know... 10 foot snow drifts? Or boat required?!

It's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the model rollercoaster

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

His living conditions normally kept tropical then?  :pardon:

Of course, palm trees abound in God's Little Acre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, khodds said:

😂 I still don’t know... 10 foot snow drifts? Or boat required?!

Neither I would have thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a 10 ft boat that sorts it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, khodds said:

😂 I still don’t know... 10 foot snow drifts? Or boat required?!

I think that as it stands from a snow perspective today has been a bad day for the south. Places like Swindon could have a great day Friday but sat could be the start of the thaw. Time for things to change but to be honest the trend has been poor today. Not a done deal but...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Of course, palm trees abound in God's Little Acre

Ahh paradise. Bless little Sydney, I'm sure he will be well fed and sheltered there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomjwlx said:

graphe_ens3.php?mode=0&x=&y=&run=12&vill

Interesting! 

Agreed but compared to the previous set it's a trend in the wrong direction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're using the 'm' word now... .ma r g i n a             l                        :closedeyes:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, knocker said:

Of course, palm trees abound in God's Little Acre

For Sydney, for Sydneys snowy world. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×