Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Me too! January 2004?

I can't remember exactly when it was but I only lived up the road from you then so it probably was that one. I remember just standing there at the window fascinated by it all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Evening all. Challenge for you all. How's it all looking in terms of cold and snow in just 3 words. Winner gets a virtual drink. Away you go......

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

Evening all. Challenge for you all. How's it all looking in terms of cold and snow in just 3 words. Winner gets a virtual drink. Away you go......

Possible, probable, plausible.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

You're all mere youngsters here!  I lived, as a  teenager, through the '62/63 winter and you definitely haven't seen anything like that since. :cold:  I wasn't down here in the SW in February 1978, but even my basic records that I kept at the time in the Chilterns, do make mention of the blizzard conditions in Devon and Cornwall.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
9 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Dreams coming true.

• Like 1

Posted

I remember 82 started snowing first day back in work after new year and it didn't stop for three days

Wife was 9 months pregnant and I was thinking I would have to get her to hospital on a sledge if she went into labour (lucky me she hang on until the 26th)

Never opened my gate in over a week as you just stepped over it (you couldn't see it)

Had to dig out the in-laws out as both their doors was on the same side of the bungalow and the snow was up to the eaves over both doors

Took me nearly 7 hours to feed the horses on the mountain behind me (usually took an hour max walking or 20 minutes in the car)

We were cut off for a week nothing in and nothing out apart from the train which was running hours late. Police on the platform to stop fighting as people tried to get on (I just watched and then went back home)

No bread or milk or very little and they were charging a £1 for a loaf and a pint when it got through (about treble the price normally if I remember right)

Worst of the lot the local pub ran out of beer

This is what you have to look forward to :sorry:

But I cant wait

• Like 2

Posted

In 3 words and referring to next weeks potential freezing conditions ; epic 40th birthday!

On a serious note ; we should be prepared for massive snow variations across our region.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
45 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Anyway, gave my 4yr old some good advice yesterday........... She said to me today that she told her nursery teacher what I said!!!...................... UH OH!!

DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!!!! ?????

Just spat my beer out at that :rofl: then licked the carpet of course. Wastings hating 

14 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Onetwo skipafew 87inches! 

Edited by karlos1983
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Andy Bown said:

we should be prepared for massive snow variations across our region

Such as 50cm IMBY and 2cm in Poole? :pardon:

Hi all. Long long time lurker and watcher. Finally posting due to a number of frustrations, first why does no one reference 1978 versus the current late week set up? As somebody who lived through that Febuary I've seen nothing at that level to date, could this be on a par a week tonight?

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Ahem!!! :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Forgot one vital thing to add to all your shopping lists - the best stealth weapon ever invented. Scoop through deep snow and fling, it sends snow balls flying a long way, fantastic for catching out unsuspecting folk and definitely gives you the edge in a snowball fight. Also great fun for confusing the hell out of dogs....spend ages running round trying to find the disappearing balls.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/pets-at-home-ball-launcher-dog-toy-small

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Ahem!!! :aggressive:

You didn't think I said Poole deliberately did you? :whistling:

Edited by matt111

Posted
16 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Old bloke ramps :rofl:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

See a post a few pages back quoting Steve Murr from the MOD thread, it refers to snow showers streaming in from the coast. Also showers will develop inland.

Think of days with rain showers when somewhere gets 15mm of rain in a few hours but 5 miles away stays dry.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Mod thread meltdown 

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Let's 'av it!

Posted
19 minutes ago, festivalking said:

My personal favourite 

mild sector @matt111  :spiteful:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

My personal favourite 

mild sector Matt111 :spiteful:

:help: