Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The dreaded drip-drip-drip has started in Exeter and it appears to be ordinary rain triggering it, so I think that's it for here now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I have a funny feeling that my rain gauge is suddenly gonna produce a rain rate of 1000mm/hr

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

All's good with the rain gauge. The thaw seems to be consistent, no nasty spikes. :) 

I have a pool of water on the lawn which looks really weird. The ice has caved in but not cracked, so all of the water is pooling. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Haven’t seen any rain here yet. All clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just started to snow  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Had rain for a while here, and the temp shot up to 4C just before midnight! So once again it gives a higher max on my stats than the actual daylight maximum.

I went for a walk earlier, got lots of pics and afterwards did pop out in the car to higher ground a few miles away.. main road was surprisingly bad and seemed worse than earlier (though I did not have any trouble), some pretty impressive freezing rain scenes there, I had to go and see it considering how rare that is.

I'll look at posting some pictures tomorrow.

Posted

Haha, the street lights from across the fields are reflecting on the wet ice layer like they do when the river floods.

Also funny how the heaviest radar echoes are making a beeline for me now that it's rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The heavy rain has reached me as well, and the nearby Met Office WOW site at Southam Fields has shot up to 3.3C as the heavier rain approached, also with dew point of 2.1C.  Snow is now not surprisingly starting to thaw noticeably.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
2 hours ago, snowponies said:

Where abouts in Mary tavy are they going? Main road should be fine, anywhere else will be very dodgy! If it helps I passed my test in 2010 a couple months before the epic cold spell and I was working in princetown at the time (plume of feathers), I had some scary times but I learnt how to drive in snow pretty well! Police are patrolling so stopping anyone driving on that road and they want a good reason why you're driving on there!

Sorry for delay. I'm not sure where exactly but he did message to say he got there safely. Yes I know they were stopping people going up on the moor, but my neighbours didn't seem to think that included them for some reason! ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I think it's raining here too as opposed to freezing raining ain . Temp is 1C. Very windy again . 

Posted

It is rain, heard a crack and some snow/ ice fell off the conservatory roof .

have looked on netweather radar, oh my word , Exeter / Tiverton is in for a right ol bashing . Rain I assume ,? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Erm, what's with all the snow? Been snowing here for an hour or so, just checked the radar and it seems there's loads more to come. Is it supposed to stay cold here or will this turn to rain? Wasn't expecting this.

Posted

My temperature has just limped back in the 1. Somethingorother, and rain / swizzle here . I thought the temps were going to rise through the night . 

There was a hefty looking band of rain/ snow over Exeter, but just west of Tiverton now. I know they've had rain . 

Maube the air won't be warming as quickly as we thought . 

Posted
7 minutes ago, jethro said:

Erm, what's with all the snow? Been snowing here for an hour or so, just checked the radar and it seems there's loads more to come. Is it supposed to stay cold here or will this turn to rain? Wasn't expecting this.

Euro4 has the dew point getting above 0C at 0900 in your area. What’s coming should be white.

585E4FDA-6BCE-4AD9-8653-D06420412911.thumb.png.0a949c52b18917977c81d9c6f13d63ce.png7FB20D9E-189F-4378-93BF-D28582E79E12.thumb.png.06318902c4a6c3fb8acf64a600ebe76f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Euro4 has the dew point getting above 0C at 0900 in your area. What’s coming should be white.

585E4FDA-6BCE-4AD9-8653-D06420412911.thumb.png.0a949c52b18917977c81d9c6f13d63ce.png7FB20D9E-189F-4378-93BF-D28582E79E12.thumb.png.06318902c4a6c3fb8acf64a600ebe76f.png

Thank you. Poor me :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing again here! Very very light. Temp of -0.1c warmest its been since midweek lol 

Posted

Three ice days. Incredible.

It can't last must longer now -

Temp 0C  Humidity 94%  Dewpoint 0C   Pressure 990.7 

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Whiteout now. Shoveled the paths last night and back to full snow cover lol.

Is it snowing in Cardiff Jay? ..... :rofl::nea::clap:

Posted

Does anyone else feel like they have been/are living in a parallel universe!?

Need to start clearing snow today but don't fancy doing it in rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

It's shot up to a positively balmy 2.7 degrees here with a few point of 2.4. Nope. I did miss the minus symbol off.