Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Just a dusting here near Fareham. Looks like we will miss the worst of the next system too. Bit disappointing after all the hope and excitement! Glad some of you further west are getting a good dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Drove to work from Yate to Alveston, South Glos this morning. Light to moderate snow since early this morning, swirling around in a bitter wind. Powdery snow being blown off roofs and swirling around on the roads. A fantastic start to the day.

If this is just a taster of things to come, bring it on I say!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

As my work colleague has just remarked, they are waiting for the "Pest from the West".. rather than the Beast from the East.... :cold::yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Depressing here on the island ?

Rubbish isn't it. I've pretty much given up now. It's all abit too far west for us I think ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

Hi all , haven't been on here in a while but being in the red area I thought i would help keep all updated on snow. So far just a dusting really . Snow has stopped , now waiting the the 12 o'clock shift . Bring it on . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Depressing here on the island ?

You'll be fine by this evening! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Been for a walk up the road, took some photos, really black sky over the sea and light dandruff snow.

fed the birds, defrosted their water (again).

now got my ringside seat by the front southwest facing window for the Big Show later!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

You'll be fine by this evening! :)

Not convinced ? really really disappointed and depressed! It’s my day off today thought it was gonna be a lovely snowy day but just snizzle ? it just seems to keep being watered down for us! Ugh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

@festivalking I salute you sir :hi:I know that’s higher up than you, but fair representation I’d say 

53660675-7C93-4EF0-8367-2788ED774C36.thumb.png.f147f29d0d88c592888947b6e51a9107.png4238A4C2-485C-4B22-ACAC-43B28C9C6FF0.thumb.png.422552a356f5d679f820446cba20328b.pngFBA9069F-70C7-43CB-BF06-531900E1D6B4.thumb.png.2719b95ade951e03b48adeeece87713b.png

Ha ha. Sunny here at the moment. But brutally cold in the gale!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
18 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

I would use the gap to sort out any last minute things you might think to do.

I would but there has already been a pile up with several cars on a37 and we only had an inch of snow so far at most. :rolleyes:

Drifting into roads though with wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Burst of heavy snow this morning for an hour now almost every school in the area is shut. Around 2cm fell eith drifts up to 10cm already

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, Mapantz said:

10:30 in the morning?! sarcastic_hand.gif

5a97d657937a3_2018-03-01(1).thumb.png.8f5dd1a23b6f53171ff0646c1ca896ae.png

Rare enough on a January day :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
13 minutes ago, lilac_moon said:

I don’t understand all the maps and radars, but what’s it looking like for Swindon? Thanks 

quiet now snow-wise for the next few hours with potentially more persistent snowfall after nightfall as frontal bands (already appearing in the SW English Channel) encroach into our area

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A new record here. The covering of snow we've had, hasn't melted before lunchtime. All joking aside, that's exactly what happens every time we get snow!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

It’s freezing cold and there is a wind, yes - but looks generally like a significant downgrade - haven’t seen or expecting any disruptive weather for out area from this.

I understand the concern for forecasters but so far it’s just been hype and the usual logistical chaos on the roads and rails.

(Secretly hoping that writing this will force mo’ natch to prove me very wrong!)

Got the day off today but that was because of the biting cold and the 2.5 hr journey i’d have to make to site. Unless something epic happens overnight I think it’s business as usually tomorrow so i’m off to find some decent gloves! ? ? 

Posted

I've just stocked up on Gin, and Morgans spiced that's the drink cupboard sorted have pork in cider in the slow cooker... Wait a minute this cold spell turning me in to an alcoholic :rofl:

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Not convinced ? really really disappointed and depressed! It’s my day off today thought it was gonna be a lovely snowy day but just snizzle ? it just seems to keep being watered down for us! Ugh

Always listen to Mapantz :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just been for a Walk into Upton had breakfast at Upton central, very nice it was too! Kids loving the snow, snow drifts already present, covering curbs, building up against fences. Hoping we get a big dollop later on top of the 2 ish cms already on the ground!! 

Radar gathering towards the S and SW 

9782000F-1FC5-4F53-BB3D-3AA12F41ACDD.thumb.png.70b6151d9266e0f1d489778401e4fbad.png

The wind is absolutely brutal!!! 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 5