Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Never seen snow before in this sort of set up still -4.4C DP is -7 very powdery snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
13 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Look, this snow now is bonus snow

I like bonuses. :yahoo:

Posted
16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I’m surprised that’s all. You must’ve been literally a mile or two north of that streamer last night. 

We were in the streamer, it was snowing quite moderately when i went to bed. It hasn't amounted to TOO much though this is easily the most snow i've seen since 2013

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Been lightly snowing for a while here and have a light covering on the ground.

If you turn off the precipitation type on the NW radar the heavier stuff shows up better and i can see a heavier band moving up from the south which should give us an hour or so more heavier stuff here i hope.

Screenshot_20180301-074649.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, woken to a good covering this morning and it's coming down well, probably class it as moderate snow with the flakes getting bigger. Can't say I'm looking forward to work today, it's going to be a chilly, albeit pretty day. Looking at the METO (which hasn't updated) I'm not due to be having any snow until lunchtime/early afternoon so I guess this is an appetiser.

I'm probably asking an impossible question but.....does this early stuff mean the track has changed? Are we likely to get more or less than thought or does it make no difference? I'm asking because I was a little gung ho yesterday and have promised I'll be at work to day, not a problem in a landy but if it comes earlier/heavier than expected, it will be a problem getting home, due to others getting stuck and having to make it up to the top of the Mendips in drifting snow.

Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Azazel said:

We were in the streamer, it was snowing quite moderately when i went to bed. It hasn't amounted to TOO much though this is easily the most snow i've seen since 2013

Surprised you didn’t get more then considering what it dumped further east. 

I was supposed to be going to Whitchurch this morning to drop drop off acbirthday present. Not sure if my Dad still wants to drive now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

where's all this non-event ssheeeeee-ite coming from?........bugger off to the moaning thread, or the pollitical thread (no one reads that guff!) :laugh:

nice snow here blowing around in the wind with a covering on the ground......The warning has been brought forward as I've just declared an amber alert in this house

25inil.thumb.jpg.65ff6a7418621c0a3d20b6a7e112aa66.jpg

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

OMG WHITEOUT - This beats 2010 easily image.thumb.png.00f5b51ed2531fc5cf63f60651b97b29.png

I think your in a great spot today much better than here and make sure you get the pictures!:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

OMG WHITEOUT - This beats 2010 easily image.thumb.png.00f5b51ed2531fc5cf63f60651b97b29.png

Just punching it ito my sat nav now Ill see you soon :rofl:

Id remove the last 3 digits on postcode zooms :oops:

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Surprised you didn’t get more then considering what it dumped further east. 

I was supposed to be going to Whitchurch this morning to drop drop off acbirthday present. Not sure if my Dad still wants to drive now. 

Ahhh i should say, I live in Andover now. My parents live in Whitchurch and thats where i lived up until last Christmas:p

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

That’s out main course right there heading up from Bay Of Biscay ?

Exactly Karlos.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see further warnings for this one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Morning all, woken to a good covering this morning and it's coming down well, probably class it as moderate snow with the flakes getting bigger. Can't say I'm looking forward to work today, it's going to be a chilly, albeit pretty day. Looking at the METO (which hasn't updated) I'm not due to be having any snow until lunchtime/early afternoon so I guess this is an appetiser.

I'm probably asking an impossible question but.....does this early stuff mean the track has changed? Are we likely to get more or less than thought or does it make no difference? I'm asking because I was a little gung ho yesterday and have promised I'll be at work to day, not a problem in a landy but if it comes earlier/heavier than expected, it will be a problem getting home, due to others getting stuck and having to make it up to the top of the Mendips in drifting snow.

Thoughts anyone?

Looks as was last night Jethro, so widely 5-10 cm in Amber area, with 10-20 in prime locations and probably double that over the Moors 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Following a couple of hours of snow we now have freezing drizzle and a report that parts of the sea around the shores of the island have frozen. 

Storm Emma’s fronts are really struggling at the moment against this cold air.

Frigid here right now with snow and freezing drizzle forecast throughout the day. 

Stay safe peeps ??

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Fitzwis said:

report that parts of the sea around the shores of the island have frozen. 

Wow I’ve never seen that before. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
6 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thoughts anyone?

I still think the Hirlam had performed best at getting the snow right over the past few days. Here's what it predicts for today and tomorrow.

tempresult_dyx2.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

How are my often forgotten sw coldies doing? :)

Remember folks this snow now isn’t in relation to the main low ! :cold-emoji:

It's our time Nick... its our time :yahoo::yahoo:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

How are my often forgotten sw coldies doing? :)

Remember folks this snow now isn’t in relation to the main low ! :cold-emoji:

There’s a few instability’s in the form of wobblers, but in the main we are happy folk and Loking forward to this afternoon and evening Nick! All looks on course! ?

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Looks as was last night Jethro, so widely 5-10 cm in Amber area, with 10-20 in prime locations and probably double that over the Moors 

Thank you. Have to say, I wished I'd kept my mouth shut yesterday, the downside to having a Landy....everyone expects you to be get everywhere in this weather, they don't get the idea that you may get stuck because the road is blocked by other vehicles.

• Like 1